Basic Microbiology Lab Techniques is a brand new touchable multimedia textbook for University and College students. It provides an interactive learning environment for students to grasp basic microbiology lab techniques from audios, videos and animations on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Three parts of contents privde an overview of how to operate on microorganisms from culturing, enumerating, to identification.
- Contextual animations in each section give users good illustrations of technique details and related theories.
- Video demonstrations bring users an in situ experience of doing experiments in the laboratory.
- All text contents are audible, which helps users to learn microbiological terms easily.
- Updated to support the iOS 10+ system
- Solved the video/animation playing problem
Ratings and Reviews
Neat app and very helpful
I needed a good review of Microbiology basics, and this popped up on a Google search. After looking at the first 3 sections, which were free, I was impressed! It has decent and clear animations, easy to hear and understand audio, video examples, and consistently clean formatting. I think it is definitely a worthwhile buy for the quality and information provided.
Could be better
Basic information for the beginner. Not truly an in depth manual for most. Many of the techniques they present in the videos are trebly incorrect and would easily allow contamination. I was taught to be more concerned with a proper aseptic technique than to rush a slide preparation. I've seen much better manuals.
Not enough information to warrant the cost. It took me 10 minutes to look through the content. Would really like my money back. Lesson learned.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.