By Michael Schlauch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Try out "Guitar VIB" if you also play guitar.
You have a melody and want to play it on your bass guitar? With Bass VIB it has never been easier: tap the key on the piano and all possible ways to tone it on your bass guitar are displayed. Vice versa too, take your great improvisation on your guitar and use Bass VIB to transcribe it. Choose out of 50 scales, know where they are and play them up and down until your fingers burn. Guitar VIB is the ideal training tool for everyone who wants to take the next step in guitar playing. Free your music with Guitar VIB.
✔ naturally sampled sounds of the acoustic guitar
✔ easy-to-use piano keyboard for entering the notes(all)
✔ translation of piano tones into instructions to play the guitar
✔ translation vice versa from guitar position to piano note
✔ display of about 50 scales
✔ additional textual display of the note
✔ irreplaceable learning effect while you try new scales and melodies, unlimited possibilities of using the virtual instruction book
✔ fullscreen guitar fretboard: access 3 different screens by rotating your iPhone/iPod Touch (can be locked to one screen)
✔ TAB export, spread your previously recorded improvisation into the world via Email
Please update for the iPad. I love the bass sounds. I sample them into my Akai MPC! More bass sounds and bass tweaking would be a plus. Keep up the good work.
Annoying clicking noise on attack and release! On every note.
Sometimes reads the note on other string.
Excellent beginning - rich in feature, improv friendly, learning tool
This is an excellent start to an adaptable app for Bass Guitar. I was pleasantly surprised.
Great to answer on-the-fly "What chord is that lead guitar playing?!"
The integration of visual Bass Clef and Piano keyboard makes this a rich LEARNING tool.
The auto-TAB TRANSCRIPTION feature/email created tab is intuitive for "recording" those improv licks and grooves without previous knowledge of writing music.
The integrated CHORDS, SCALES and MODES cover a wide range.
On the whole a solid beginning to an app, the only reason I don't give it Five Stars is there is still room for growth and some nit-picky critiques.
I should start by saying I using an iTouch 3G.
I am new to the bass guitar, but come from a classically-trained piano background. So this is the perfect tool I've been looking for to translate my piano knowledge to a fretted instrument.
The inclusion of the Bass Clef pushes this tool beyond a tab level to those who wish to read music.
While new to bass that also means minor inconveniences in features might not be as jarring as they would be to a veteran.
Therefore, there's a lot this tool offers with little annoyance.
* Adaptable for novice or veteran.
* The chord, bass and piano tones are well-rounded. They sound great through my amp.
* The Piano keyboard and color-labels help to match notes.
* Love the Bass Clef, since my goal is truly sight-read music.
* Seems to be a plethora of scales, chords and mode combinations. Someone can work out the permutation on exactly how many. ~3500?
* Easy to slide guitar neck and piano keys through full range.
* Auto-tab feature + email is nicely integrated
* Adaptable learning tool, especially for an intuitive or improv player.
(these are pretty nit-picky, but they are areas to improve)
* Interface could be more visually stunning (i.e.: higher res guitar pic, more dynamic design elements)
* Touch response is not consistent. Seems easy to misfinger (maybe my novice thumbs). But some info buttons are hard to activate also.
* Rotation feature is a little buggy: seems to lock when device isn't rotated while exactly perpendicular. (i.e.: if I rotated, then lay flat, then tried to rotate - no go.) Solution: lock/unlock rotation then it works again.
* Wish you could edit tab transcription directly. (i.e.: to correct a misfingered note instead of having to replay entire tab)
* Tack on a metronome/tuner and you'd have a FULL toolkit to rival "Guitar Toolkit" app.
But really, I'm nit-picking ... after all, the app is FREE!!
Awesome job on this one! THANK YOU!
- Category: Music
- Released: May 05, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Schlauch
- © 2010 Michael Schlauch
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.