Batman Arkham Asylum
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the Madhouse!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Descend into the core of the criminally insane as the Joker seizes control of Arkham Asylum and launches his most diabolical plot ever. The inmates of Arkham have been set free - and it’s up to Batman to bring order to the chaos and take back the asylum.
Using his combat skills, stealth and gadgets, it’s up to Batman to thwart Joker’s fiendish plans before it’s too late. Batman: Arkham Asylum lets you explore the depths of Arkham Island as you experience the darkest journey of Batman’s life.
• Square off against some of Gotham’s most notorious lunatics, including Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy.
• Deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun and explosive gel.
• Use Detective Mode to identify important objects and reveal enemies’ weak spots.
• Deliver brutal combos with the innovative FreeFlow™ combat system.
• Move in the shadows and strike fear amongst your enemies.
• Solve the Riddler’s devilishly difficult puzzles to unlock challenge levels and trophies.
• Face Batman’s darkest fears in hallucinogenic nightmares induced by the Scarecrow’s toxic gas.
• Explore Arkham Island and discover its gruesome secrets through hidden items and character biographies.
• Winner of numerous awards including BAFTA Game of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Game Design awards from the Academy of Arts & Sciences.
• Written by Paul Dini and featuring the voice talents of Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy.
• Conquer six additional challenge maps and even play as the Joker! Batman: Arkham Asylum on the Mac contains all the DLC and expansion packs.
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham Asylum:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can find out more about the game on the Batman: Arkham Asylum mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bmaa
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 2GB, Graphics: 128MB, Free Space: 10GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• The following cards require you to have 4GB of System RAM: NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD 3000.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM Software © 2009-2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios Ltd. Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Rocksteady and the Rocksteady logo are trademarks of Rocksteady Studios Ltd. Powered by Unreal Engine. Unreal ® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal ® Engine, Copyright 1998-2011, Epic Games, Inc. Uses FMOD Ex Sound System. Firelight Technologies. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2009-2011Scaleform Corporation. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree® RT technology (© 2007-2011 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc.). SpeedTree® is a registered trademark of Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Fixes an occasional crash on launch related to USB devices.
• Improves support for non-QWERTY keyboards.
• Fixes compatibility with the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
pretty much blown away
this is so much like the batman dreams I had as a kid, it's scary. I could not imagine how a video game could give much more depth, definitely the best game I've ever played. I have played this (with a wireless Xbox 360 Controller) for a couple months and have enjoyed watching myself learn how to fight and eventually begin to win the predator and combat challenges and it's been a very rewarding experience. From getting kicked around in the beginning to scoring upwards of 20K+ per round in some of the challenges has been quite vindicating, but figuring out all the stealth challenges is really the coolest part of the game to me. The story is awesome, the graphics are amazing and the performance on my 2011 MBP is noticeably tighter than it feels on my friend's console… For me, lots of replay value too. Amazing job, Feral! The only possible way to go any further up from here would be… to do Batman Arkham City…right? Please? Awesome game, thanks ~ta~
Looks better than Arkham City does on Boot Camp
I concur with the reviews, that this is an outstanding 'port'.
I've had to go through the trouble of installing Boot Camp, just so that I could waste some of my precious time on Arkham City, the sequel to Arkham Asylum. To be able to display the full range of its visual gimmicks, that game requires DirectX 11, as well as the nVidia 'physx' accelerator. Both can be turned on, on an early 2011' 15" MBP, with the 6750M (1GB) GPU (I guess the CPU takes on the task of doing the 'physx' number-crunching in that case); however activating either of them leads to frequent crashes. It also slows down considerably, at the native resolution (1680x1050). Arkham City still looks gorgeous without all these; but it does lack some of the luster that it would have on 'maxed out' settings.
This port of Arkham Asylum is very impressive, in that it runs perfectly smoothly at the native resolution, *and* features some of that DirectX 11/'physx' polish.
First of all, I must say I ove this game. It's a fantastic game, and I was really glad to see it on the mac appstore. That being said, this game first released in August of 2009. If my xbox had not recently broken, I could have played this game on it for $10. A gamestop near me sells this game for 25% of what I payed for on the appstore. If this game had been any less amazing than it was I might have given it 4 stars. But because of the hours of enjoyment it gave me, I am not regretful. I am however looking forward to buying another xbox and with it a game of the year edition of Arkham City. Overall this game has great graphics, amazing gameplay, great audio, and pretty good voice acting. The twists in the plot made it near impossible to guess what was coming around the corner. Arkham Asylum also pushed Batman to one of my favorite heroes. An excellent game with a not so excellent price tag.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 19, 2011
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 9.21 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM Software © 2009-2011 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios Ltd. Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later