Batman Arkham City GOTY
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Dark Knight descends.
One of the “Best Games of 2013” in the “Mac App Store Best of 2013”!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
A year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp, the new mayor of Gotham, has turned its slums into Arkham City, a terrifying open-air prison where violent thugs and insane super-villains are incarcerated within heavily fortified walls.
When Batman is imprisoned alongside Gotham’s most notorious, he must discover Arkham City’s true purpose before it’s too late. This intense, atmospheric sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum plunges Batman deep into a gothic nightmare from which he will need all his wits, gadgetry and skill to escape.
• Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition contains all DLC including Harley Quinn’s Revenge, a standalone story set two weeks after the events of the main game in addition to the Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Arkham City Skins and Challenge Map packs.
• Experience Arkham City as Batman; learn to master the caped crusader’s abilities as you swoop over the rain-lashed rooftops of Gotham in the best superhero adventure ever to come to the Mac.
• Face off against a demented rogue’s gallery that includes all of Gotham’s most iconic baddies: The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze.
• Take on hundreds of side missions, secrets and puzzles hidden by the Riddler to confuse and confound Batman.
• Wonderful toys! Make Arkham City your playground; deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun to explosive gel and freeze cluster grenades.
• Use Detective Mode to scan for vital clues and reveal enemies’ weak spots, then deliver brutal combos with an improved version of the Free Flow™ combat system.
• Play as Catwoman in a deliciously feline subplot that unfurls alongside the main game.
• Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy return as the voices of the Joker and Batman in this dark, twisted adventure, written by Paul Dini.
• Challenge your friends' scores and compare achievements with Apple's Game Center (requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion).
Important information regarding Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 16GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bmac
BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® Engine, copyright 1998-2012 Epic Games, Inc. Unreal, Unreal Technology and the Powered by Unreal Technology logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2012 Scaleform Corporation. Powered by Wwise © 2006 - 2012 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2012. All Rights Reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WBIE LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s12)
What's New in Version 1.1
• Adds support for the new NVIDIA 780M iMac.
• Adds support for additional gamepads.
• Fixes bug where some cutscenes would play with sound if the game's volume was set to “0”.
• Fixes "lost save game" issue experienced by some customers.
When I thinks of Batman, ninja-skills, combat-skills, and detective-skills come to mind. While every other Batman game I’ve played has put too much emphasis on one of these areas and too little on others, this game had (In my opinion) the best balance of every area. Fully immersive and incredible story line. Side missions are fun and a good usage of game time. You totally feel exactly as Batman would in these situations. Only problems are occasional game crashes and slow performance. I have had one loss of saved game data, but I had already started a new game so no big issue. Even though this is my first Arkham game and I’m not a serious gamer, I can still tell it deserves Game Of The Year. Great game overall, totally recommend it to any Batman fan or serious gamer. Heck, I’ll recommend it to everybody. And no I’m not being paid to say that.
Thanks for saving me from getting PS3!
When I found this I didnt think it was the actual game and then I found out I can use a PS3 controller to play it with! VERY COOL! The controller was plug and play on my macbook air and has been flawless in its motions and play! Now all I need is for the newest one (Origins) to come out in the store and I will be a happy camper! Thank you for saving me the dough for a PS3 becaue I already have the mac’s going and I didnt really want to get it for only these games!
The game is very good in both graphics and gameplay and I have already beat most of the missions with my older mac. When I purchased the macbook pro with retina display, however, it says there is an error every time I try to download the app. Any suggestions??? (It is not the wifi’s issue because I have reloaded the router and the connection to the internet is fine.)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 25, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 11.46 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION software © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later