By Sindre Sorhus
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shows the remaining battery time and percentage in the menu bar.
This is especially useful on macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later where clicking the battery icon no longer shows the remaining time.
You can hide the system battery icon by dragging the icon out of the menu bar while pressing the Command key. You can also reorder menu bar icons by dragging them around while pressing the Command key (Sierra only). That means you can place Battery Indicator exactly where the system battery icon used to live.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- No more waiting for "Estimating…" after disconnecting the charger or waking up from sleep. Yay!
- The icon now turns red when there is less than 10% charge.
- The icon position in the menubar is preserved between restarts.
- New "Send Feedback…" button in the menu. I would really appreciate some good feedback.
- Hopefully fixed the blurriness of the power icon on non-retina screens. I say hope, as I don't have any non-retina screens.
Did you know you can reorder menu bar icons by dragging them around while pressing the Command key? (Sierra only) That means you can place Battery Indicator exactly where the system battery icon used to live if you hid it.