Battle Fleet 2: WW2 Naval Strategy
By Mythical City Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Not recommended for iPad 2 or iPad Mini 1 *
"Battle Fleet 2 stacks up very nicely." 8/10 - Pocket Gamer
"Overall, this is a great app" 4.5/5 - AppAdvice
"I could get on board with this" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"Naval Combat Simulator with Depth" - IGM
"Battle Fleet 2 is a boat load of fun." 80/100 - Mouse n Joypad
Welcome Admiral! Your mission is to select a fleet of warships, arm them by selecting their weapons, assign captains and destroy the enemy fleet. You'll have complete control of this mission, all the way down to what angle and how much power should be put into each shot. Battle Fleet 2 is at your command, Admiral!
Battle Fleet 2 is the radically improved sequel to the original and has kept the “Worms” / “Scorched Earth” style angle+power mechanic, but now features full 3D modeling of terrain, ships, and ship hit locations. Hit the the engines and cripple the enemy's maneuverability, or aim for the command center and disable the ship for an entire turn. Ships are more realistic in which weapon compliments they can carry, and ship control is more intuitive. Battle Fleet 2 also now features Fog of War, allowing for stealth tactics and surprise attacks to be a viable strategy as well as adding the importance of using ships and aircraft for recon as well as attacks. With a full featured campaign and a variety of single play scenarios, Battle Fleet 2 will keep even the saltiest of sea-dogs satisfied.
- Build your fleet from 7 different ship classes each with different hardpoint locations for mounting different weapons, different mobility, and different hit locations.
- Use small caliber guns to pinpoint your shot and switch to devastating salvo mode, forcing all available guns to fire at the same location.
- Equip your ships with a wide variety of weapons including AA guns, torpedoes, and different caliber naval artillery.
- Utilize or neutralize bombers and recon planes launched from island bases, aircraft carriers, or cruisers.
- Assign captains to each ship to determine the ship's turn order
- Play the strategic campaign mode, random skirmish mode, full cross platform multiplayer, or even hotseat multiplayer.
- Use recon to clear Fog of War and defeat enemy ground based airfields and coastal artillery.
- Deploy Strategic Command Cards to surprise your enemies with special actions like deploying mines, sabotage, enhanced aiming, airstrikes and more!
- Battle Fleet 2 features full 3D models of WW2 era ships.
View the trailer and find out more at http://www.BattleFleetGame.com
What's New in Version 1.23
- In-Battle Saves for single player battles and campaigns
- Faction selection in online multiplayer and single battles
- Multiplayer chat
- Enemies are now always red
- Submarines now start at periscope depth
- Transport ships have reduced health
- No more regions in multiplayer so more players will be on the same server
- Bug fixes
Unplayable. Got potential but it just crashes, loses fleet.
My hopes were high with the update. But the fact of the matter is the thing crashes even more. With the update it crashes at the beginning or end of battle and once it recovers you find that both your fleet and the opposing fleet disappear. How would you feel if you took six hours to build up a fleet, battle an enemy, end the battle in victory, only to have the system crash and once it recovers you find no fleet, no victory, and you have to replay the last six hours all over again? If you do buy the game you'll get emotionally attached and see the potential but you'll get frustrated beyond belief. And that's not what games are supposed to do to you.
Recent addition of subs and depth charges makes it really interesting....more a tactical game than a strategy game, but one of 2 naval games I play a lot
I like that they keep evolving it....with transports now. And, they listen to customer feedback, and even reply.
Great strategy game with total command of fleet assets in all scenarios of naval warfare.
A Must have!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 25, 2016
- Version: 1.23
- Size: 504 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Polish, Russian
- Seller: Mythical City Games Inc.
- © 2015 Mythical City Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.