Battle Map 2
By Razeware LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your adventure to the next level! Turn your iPad or iPhone into a pen & paper virtual tabletop, and create maps by simply dragging your finger.
Battle Map will beautify tiles, calculate line of sight, and reveal traps - on your device, on an external display, or online!
UPDATE: *MAJOR OVERHAUL* from the ground up to add online play, improved user interface, high quality PDF export, and much more!
* Works on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - buy once, works everywhere!
* Extremely easy to use - paint with your finger, drag objects, and pinch to zoom!
* Line of sight detection as you explore!
* Hidden traps, openable doors, and light sources!
* Play online! Players can connect to your game and move their tokens with their own iOS devices! Also great for Skype games.
* Display your maps on your monitor, TV, or projector - with a cable or wirelessly via Airplay!
* Name your characters and monsters, and display status effects.
* Both square and hex grid support.
* Choose from a library of objects, or import your own artwork!
* Free copy of RPG Calc HD built-in for dice rolling!
* Bigger than any physical battlemap - 64x48 in size!
* Export maps (high quality PDF) so you can transfer maps between devices, print your maps for the table, or email screenshots from the app for play-via-email campaigns!
* iCloud support - share your maps across your devices!
* Premium token and background packs: Expand your token sets with extra optional artwork!
* High quality polish for style and usability.
* Works with all pen & paper RPGs.
If you love pen & paper RPGs and want the very best in virtual tabletop software, pick up Battle Map today! You'll never want to use your physical battle map again.
***** "I've waited 25 years for this application. Freaking awesome."
***** "It's the most effortless way to make a beautiful, usable maps for roleplaying games that I've ever found."
***** "Probably the first thing that strikes you about this application is its elegance of use. It is so simple and intuitive to use that it belies its flexibility and features...any serious gamer will consider this a steal at this price."
Full review by TUAW:
Full review by 148 Apps: http://www.148apps.com/news/idd-battlemap/
Full review by AppVader: http://appvader.com/2010/09/review-battle-map-universal/
Video trailer: http://www.razeware.com/battle-map-2/
- Battle Map works on the iPhone, iPod Touch (3rd gen+), or iPad, but is especially recommended on the iPad. The large screen and ability to connect to an external monitor makes for an amazing experience!
- External display support requires iPad or iPhone 4.
- Airplay support and Battle Map Store requires iOS 6.
- Battle Map is in full HD resolution on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
- Full support for the iPhone 5's 4 inch display!
We love to hear from you! Drop us a note anytime at razeware.com.
What's New in Version 2.16
Bugfix release, with some new decorations too - enjoy!
Coming from a background as a DM playing AD&D, and using Dundjinni, I thought to upgrade and try this. I purchased it to help create a better environment for my gamers, hoping to create a richer environment for them. What I have found is that this is fine for square dungeons and buildings. However, If I am going to use it explore extensive cave networks or even a ship, which my party is doing right now, it lacks the tools necessary to help draw it out. The purpose of a digital map is detail. Without high detail, I don’t see the value in this. I really would prefer a selection of pens to create depth. Not a lot, but just a few. Even a fill option would be nice.
Could be great, as is, way way too many bug as is, he most annoying of which is to watch maps you spent time on just mysteriously disappear into the aether. Crashes often. Dark mode does not keep areas of the map unseen until characters have moved to the right LoS, just lots and lots of issues. For less money I might let it go. For 9.99 plus over priced in app purchases, I have to give it a thumbs down.
Would be 5 stars if it worked...
Love the concept, and the parts that do work are great. BUT… online play is completely absent despite being a major advertised feature, and there’s at least one major bug that causes app crash (changing the light source value of a character). Notified developer, they stated that they cannot dedicate the manpower to fix the issues currently. Requesting refund.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 28, 2015
- Version: 2.16
- Size: 66.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Razeware LLC
- © 2010 Razeware LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dungeon Tile Pack$1.99
- Outdoor Pack$1.99
- Stone and Wood Tile Pack$1.99
- Fantasy Heroes Pack$1.99
- Fantasy Undead Pack$1.99
- Fantasy Monsters Pack$1.99
- Fantasy Elementals Pack$0.99
- Fantasy Heroes Pack 2$1.99
- Fantasy Dragons Pack$0.99
- Sci-Fi Tiles Pack$1.99