Battle of the Bulge
By Shenandoah Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade
Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.
Key features include:
• Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
• Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
• Extensive historical photos and commentary
• Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Localized for Spanish and Japanese
• Retina support
• First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format...” — No High Scores
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
What's New in Version 2.18
Game features added:
- New Real Time multiplayer system. Quickly pass turns back and forth and get alerts when you have turns to play
- Mulitplayer Notifications in Single Player and Multiplayer menus and games in progress.
- You can now resign and claim Multiplayer games in the game list menu.
- AI improved.
- Fixed a lot of multiplayer desynchronizations that caused the game to freeze.
- Fixed AI stuck on replacements phase bug.
- Breakthrough from 2 different tiles in the same turn should no longer cause unwanted behavior.
- Overall improvement of game stability.
- Victory Points are now loading correctly in both Single Player and Multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where changing the language to Japanese and changing it back to English could cause game crash.
I love it, for me: perfect!
I just got this three days ago and no major issues or glitches running on a newer model iPad mini. It's very easy to learn yet deep to play, which is ideal for me. It's not overly complex, perfect for a more casual wargamer but might be too simple for the hardcore wargamer who's used to 20-page rule books. I play solo against AI and find it very enjoyable, addictive more like it. No experience with multi-player to comment on. I am hooked and am going to pick up the Moscow version next.
What a mess! Online multiplayer is awful, no turn alerts on the app instead you get an email, great, as if I need more spam to sort through. Consequently it takes hours or days for a turn to take place, not a day, a turn. The older version was much better. The instructions are not very helpful and customer support does NOT get back to you. RIPOFF!
You ruined this game
This update ruined the game. The sound doesn't work, map zoom is weird, and the entire motion and action of everything is choppy and staccato like. Used to be perfect and beautiful in all regards, worth the money. Now it's a piece of garbage. Just revert a few versions back and I won't hate you anymore.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 2.18
- Size: 333 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shenandoah Studio LLC
- © 2012-2013 Shenandoah Studio, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Endgame$3.99
- Von Manteuffel$1.99
- Designer’s Guide$2.99