By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Take command of the greatest battles of the War in the Pacific.
Before you buy, please expand this description and check the system requirements below.
Experience every aspect of combat in this superb blend of action and strategy as you lead a host of US and Allied air, sea and underwater units through intense, action-packed missions in hotspots from Pearl Harbor to Midway.
Battlestations Midway is not just another WWII game; you command the fleet, but you can also assume direct control of any unit. It features fast-paced battles where tactics and ability are tested equally. It is about acts of individual daring as well as the skilled use of combined arms.
At your disposal are over 60 legendary war-machines, including huge aircraft carriers, battleships, destroyers, cruisers, fighter aircraft, bombers and even submarines. It’s up to you to lead by example and defeat the Japanese fleet.
• Revolutionary gameplay – Experience epic combat from multiple perspectives as you jump between dozens of units, playing as a pilot, a gunner, a submarine captain or even carrier fleet commander.
• Massive air, sea, and undersea battlefields – Every battle takes place simultaneously in the air, on and under the sea. Strategic positioning and movement of your fleet and the individual efforts of any one vehicle is critical to success.
• Immersive single player mode – featuring 11 massive campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions covering the crucial fighting from Pearl Harbor to Midway, from a single patrol boat to a carrier group.
• Innovative online multiplayer mode – Huge multi-unit online battles with up to eight Mac players. Battlestations Midway shines as a multiplayer game.
Important information regarding Battlestations Midway:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.83GHz CPU / 512MB RAM / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA Series).
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• Full system requirements are available on the Battlestations Midway mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bsm
Battlestations: Midway © 2007-2011 Eidos Interactive Ltd. Published by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Square Enix Ltd. 2010. Developed by Eidos Hungary KFT. Battlestations, Battlestations: Midway, Eidos Hungary KFT and the Eidos Hungary KFT logo, Eidos and the Eidos logo are trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
I love this game!!! If you like naval battle games, this game is for you. You can choose to control strategic movement of your forces from a map (like an admiral controlling the fleet) or click on any unit to take direct control of it & fight the enemy. Be sure to do the Single Player "Naval Academy" scenario first, as it will teach you to control the units. One particular thiing to know is to hold down the shift key then click the mouse button (left mouse button if you use a 3-button mouse) to release bombs or torpedoes from aircraft. To see the user manual, on the opening screen select the 'About' tab & click the drop down box next to the "Documentation:" item & then click the "View" button. There's a slight learning curve to this game, but it's well worth it.
Missing manual, FAQ seems incorrect
The FAQ that ships with this version (1.1) seems incorrect. It says that the game will crash or not work properly on a case-sensitive file system (item #6 in the FAQ that comes with the game.) If this is really true then it should be mentioned before one buys it on the App Store. I havce been playing the game on a case-sensitive file system and so far have not seen crashes, but I wonder... Also, item #8 says that instructions for playing online with other people are in the "prinrted manual" which amazingly enough did come with the version from the Ap store.
Its fine justs needs a Freeplay Wave Mode
Can u possibly make a freeplay mode???????? Like cause the missions get a little tiring after a while……….. Cause u know that feeling u get when uve completed everything and u just never want to play again?????? ya thats why u should make a freeplay mode…… like where u can land ur plane and all that and + make waves for it that u can start whenever u want + make it with like tanks and other planes and ships and MY FAVORITE THING U SHOULD ADD…… -the landing ships- cause i love it some much when u see all these tiny little boats with a bunch of people inside get put down underwater…………………… :D OTHER THAN THAT GREAT JOB :D!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Category: Games
- Released: Jun 23, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.26 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- Battlestations: Midway © 2007-2011 Eidos Interactive Ltd. Published by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Square Enix Ltd. 2010. Developed by Eidos Hungary KFT.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later