The new ‘Bayer TurfXpert’ app contains photographs and detailed information on over 100 turf diseases, turf weeds and turf insect pests found in the UK. High resolution images of weeds and a simple to use disease and weed identifier tool allows turf managers to arrive at a treatment or a cultural management solution.
For turf disease diagnosis a 4 step process has to be followed and for weed identification it’s only a simple 2 step process. This allows for quick and easy identification while in the field.
In the case where the turf problem cannot be easily identified, Bayer has provided a camera option allowing photographs to be uploaded and sent direct to their Field Sales Support Manager for personalised identification within 2 working days.
A guide to all Bayer turf products are also featured in the app. Details are provided on the products’ key features including an “approved for use on” as a quick guide to effective treatment.
All product information pages have links to Bayer’s website allowing access to the material safety data sheets (MSDS’s) and label text.
A distributor tab, segmented by area, allows users to discover where genuine Bayer products can be sourced from. Phone, email and web details are provided for all of the official Bayer distributors.
The app offers advice on:
- The situation, occurrence and treatment for each turf problem
- The identification, life cycle and problems caused by turf insects
- A camera option to help identify unknown weeds or diseases
- The thresholds for treatment
This app is designed for turf managers responsible for maintenance and development of all types of managed turf especially golf greenkeepers and sports stadia groundsmen.
- Minor Fixes
- 2 Dam Creative Pty Ltd
- 114.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 BayerCrop Science Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.