BBB Search - Find Local Businesses & Charities
By Council of Better Business Bureaus
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BBB is the trusted resource for objective, unbiased information on busineses and charities. Millions of consumers and companies rely on the BBB to research local businesses. Now the power of the BBB is available at your fingertips when traveling or on the go.
The official BBB app features:
- Search for local businesses by name, phone, URL, or category type.
- Search via your current location or specify a city, state or zip code.
- Display search results in list or map views.
- History menu provides convenient access to your previous searches.
- View the BBB Business Review for every business listing, complete with BBB Rating, contact info, BBB Accreditation status, consumer complaint history, and more!
- Save a listed business's info to your Favorites or your iOS contacts.
- Share a business's BBB Business Review URL via Email, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Read the latest BBB Consumer News on your iOs device.
Need help? Report any bugs, feature requests or feedback to us via email at email@example.com. Please do NOT post bug reports or feature requests as App Store reviews. Emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org is much more effective and will receive a quicker response. Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.0
- A completely new interface.
- Support for all regions.
Go to app
Not sure why there are bad reviews- Maybe there was an update since those were written; who knows. What I DO know is, I can't believe I ever thought I 'researched' anything before... Talking to family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc sure that's good - but try getting instant access to EVERYONES 'Go To' to circle of trusted people... I've discovered people, places, services, and even restaurants practically in my own backyard that are now permanent staples but didn't make it into my radar on my own. Love exploring with the BBB at my finger tips - never know what awesome thing, I can't live without, I'll discover next!
Not Enough Businesses Rated To Be Useful
Although a couple businesses in very popular cities will pop up with helpful enough reviews, this app barely has enough businesses listed to be remotely helpful. I typed in "cafe" and then a sizable town in North Carolina that has at least two popular cafes (to my knowledge) and I got no results in that town. The application only suggested cafes within 20-30 miles of my location which is frustrating. Better off following the ever biased and convoluted yelp and risking a personal visit to compare rather than wasting time with BBB's app. Bummer.
Love so far!!
Just downloaded today, runs smoothly and overall easy to use(also haven't had trouble for download speeds despite the fact that my phone is relatively old). Overall definitely recommend to friends and family!!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Council of the Better Business Bureaus
- © 2014 Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.