BBC History Magazine - helping you bring Britain's and the world's rich past to life.
By Immediate Media Company Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Complete Your Collection: Download all the issues you might have missed in 1 easy step for 1 set-price! Download & open the free app to find out how much you could save. Offer ends 30th August 2016. ***
BBC History Magazine is the UK's bestselling history magazine. Each month we assemble leading experts to explore a wide range of British and international historical topics – from ancient civilisations to the two world wars.
Our historians tackle the key events and personalities of the past, as well as shining a light on lesser-known areas and explaining how the latest research changes our understanding.
Every issue also contains a comprehensive reviews section, inspiring ideas for heritage visits, breaking history news and the historical background behind current events.
Subscriptions and Single Issues
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
Annual subscribers will receive a 30 day FREE trial where you will get instant access to the latest issue and the next issue published all for FREE.
You won’t be charged at sign up and can cancel at any point during the trial if you aren’t enjoying the magazine.
• 1 month £2.99 - €3.99 - $3.99
• 1 year £37.99 - €47.99 - $47.99
Single issue prices:
• £3.99 - €4.99 - $4.99
*Please Note: Our digital edition does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with printed copies*
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email email@example.com or alternatively you can visit our App support page http://apps.immediate.co.uk/help or get in touch via Twitter @IMAppSupport.
What's New in Version 3.3.59
- Bug fixes and Improvements
Love This Magazine
Like several other reviewers, I find that I really look forward to each month's issue. The recent promotion that offered past issues for a reduced rate was terrific and I took the opportunity to fill-in all the back issues that I was missing. As an American student of history and one who has traveled and worked professionally in England, I am always intrigued by British interpretations of not only their history--but ours as well. The special issue focusing on our Civil War is a prime example. I have not experienced any of the technical problems that frustrated some earlier reviewers. Apparently the latest update corrected most -if not all - of them.
I discovered this magazine when I was living in Swindon for a year. When I returned to the US, finding it was challenging. I was delighted to find the digital version and it does not disappoint. The articles are as well-researched and thorough as I remember, and the interactive bits where one can find more information are excellent. It's absolutely brilliant!
Best all-around history magazine
Simply love the concept that makes you love history whether it is about medieval times WWII or something else. Best among all
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 15, 2016
- Version: 3.3.59
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Immediate Media Company Limited
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BBC History Magazine$3.99
- BBC History Magazine$47.99
- Battle of FloddenFree
- World in Motion: England's StoryFree
- BBC History Magazine$21.99
- Christmas 2013$5.99
- April 2013$5.99
- October 2013$5.99
- September 2012$5.99
- August 2012$5.99