Enjoy BBC History Magazine, the UK's best-selling history magazine, on your iPhone and iPad. Dive into the latest issue, download the entire back issue collection and save more with a subscription.
Each month we assemble leading experts to explore a wide range of British and international historical topics – from ancient civilisations to the two world wars. Our historians tackle the key events and personalities of the past, as well as shining a light on lesser-known areas and explaining how the latest research changes our understanding.
Every issue also contains a comprehensive reviews section, inspiring ideas for heritage visits, breaking history news and the historical background behind current events.
Subscriptions and Single Issues:
Users can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email email@example.com or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great read, but (iPad-wise) no screen rotation?
Come on guys… With such an excellent, quick history read, through your well written format, I expect a bit more. The magazine itself is lovely, well written, and maintains up-to-date facts. But where is the screen rotation!?! Sometimes my hands tire, and I would like to flip my iPad to landscape mode. Could you work on that; for the arthritic, easily tired bunch of your reading public? If you manage this, I will upgrade this to five stars!
This app is an amazing way to learn history... Even for an American.
I don't live in the UK but I have always been fascinated by European history. I got this app so I can learn in an interesting way and get off social media for a little bit. I would definitely recommend this app to a friend that likes history.
If you already love history, this magazine is a fun way to take a break from your 500 page tome and read short, beautifully illustrated articles on a variety of topics.
If you're just getting into history, it's a good way to sample a variety of topics.
That said, the mag is almost completely Anglo-centric and caters to already well-developed English audiences enamored of the Tudors, the middle-ages, World War II, Vikings and Celts, and these basic areas get covered over and over again, albeit from many angles.
Nonetheless, I really enjoy it. Another mag, World Histories, may be more palatable to those wanting a less England- focused dose of history.
1 Year's Subscriptions
BBC History Magazine
In-App PurchasesSee All
Complete Your Specials
Own every special edition for one set-price
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 39.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- BBC History Magazine $5.49
- 1 Year's Subscriptions $57.99
- BBC History Magazine Apple News $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.