The official BBC iPlayer Radio app for listening to BBC Radio wherever you go.
- Listen live to BBC Radio stations from the World Service and across the UK
- Catch up or listen again to your favourite BBC Radio programmes
- Download podcasts to enjoy anywhere, even when offline
- Browse and listen to carefully curated BBC Radio highlights and collections
- View daily schedules and categories quickly and easily
- Discover audio and video clips, including many live performances
- See what tracks are playing on air as well as track lists for on demand programmes
- Wake up to and doze off to BBC Radio with a built-in alarm clock and night mode
A network connection is required in order to access content.
Small update to keep things running smoothly
Ratings and Reviews
Need more info about the number of episodes in a book etc
I wish the Radio 4 Extra app would tell me how many episodes there are in a series. I was listening to the eighth episode of The Wide Sargasso Sea, which is started thinking eight episodes would be all of them. Apparently not. But there's nothing to tell me when I can hear the others. I should have checked online where they say 4 out of 5, or whatever it is. Then I know not to start listening until they're all available. Can you do something about this?
Just listened to Billy Liar, which on auto play played episode 5 (the last) before episode 4. Since there's no intro to each episode, I didn't know until I'd already heard the end and episode 4 began. SO ANNOYING!!!
Great app, doesn’t work well with IOS
I’ve been searching for an alarm clock with live radio and I was so happy when I found this app! It is perfect! However I use my Kindle for it. If you wanna have the alarm work on iPhone, you need to have the app puller up till the alarm goes off. Not sure how it works on iPad but on iPhone it’s not that great for that purpose. Radio’s still good, I listen to it on my way to school to wake up
In China, we can install the app itself, while we can not make it play unless we resort to a proxy or a vpn, which is also made difficult for us to acquire by the Government.
I wish this issue would be sorted out in the future, cause it is a good service that you really want to keep.
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 95 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 BBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.