BBC Science Focus Magazine charts the discoveries and ideas at the forefront of science and technology and explains them in plain English.
With every monthly issue, we use science to help our readers make sense of the issues that affect us all through the use of fascinating authoritative articles that are illustrated with stunning images. We’ll guide you through everything from the latest thinking on the brain to what we might discover beyond our known universe and the tech driving our future. You just won’t be able to put it down!
Each month you can expect:
Whether you’re obsessed with space exploration, passionate about your health or fascinated by the natural world, we bring you the latest breakthroughs on the topics that matter.
Our team investigates the science behind the headlines. We pore over the research and talk to world-leading experts to find answers to questions like: How can you protect yourself from air pollution? Is screen time bad for you? Are all plastics bad for the planet?
Every month, the best science writers in the world explore the big mysteries of our time. From the inner workings of our brains to the cosmic machinations of our Universe, each issue is full of surprises.
Questions and Answers
Our panel of experts is on hand to answer your burning questions. Want to know what’s beyond the edge of the Universe? Why elephants are wrinkly? Or what fish drink? You’ll find your answers here.
We share the best science TV, books, podcasts and radio of the month ahead. PLUS tech experts help us find the best gadgets that money can buy.
Our iPad and iPhone editions bring you:
· Stunning additional images to the print magazine that are pan-zoomable
· Audio interviews with the finest minds in science and technology
· Video content covering the hottest topics
· Optimised layout - perfect for reading on an iPad or iPhone
· Glorious retina display
· Bookmarking functionality so that you can easily save & revisit your favourite features
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms & will unlock all premium content on the BBC Science Focus Magazine Apple News channel.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
*Please note: this digital edition does not include the cover-mount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using the BBC Science Focus Magazine app! We're constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. Here are the latest enhancements you'll find in our update:
*General bug fixes
*Improved download experience
We’d love to hear what you think of our app. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please email: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
You never know what you’re going to see!
The magazine asks questions U had never thought of. And then I have to read it to find the answers real quick!
This magazine should be required reading in all schools. It stimulates the mind to ask questions and to notice the world we exist within.!!!
Please enable the context menu
This app disable the context menu, so I can’t open a dictionary for a word I don’t know.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 42 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- BBC Focus Magazine Apple News $4.49
- 1-Month Subscription $5.49
- 12-Month Subscription $47.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.