BBP Next enables medical providers to save time and improve the quality of care relevant to the medical management of employees exposed to bloodborne pathogens (BBPs) or with blood/body fluid exposures (BBFEs). It does this by employing an interactive algorithmic approach using the most up to date medical recommendations and includes a description of the post-exposure prophylactic (PEP) medications recommended for preventing the contraction of HIV.
BBP Next offers the "Trifecta" benefit for enhanced patient care by offering:
1. Improved quality and consistency of medical care.
2. Enhanced medical provider efficiency and satisfaction.
3. Significant reduction in medicolegal liability risk.
By offering a simple, algorithmic approach, BBP Next addresses the following challenges common to treating patients presenting with BBFEs:
1. Excessive time required to read through reference materials and published guidelines relevant to Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.
2. Increased likelihood and occurrence of errors or sub-optimal treatment of exposed patients.
3. Potential medical liability for not treating the exposed patient in a manner that meets the current medical guidelines and recommendations.
As measured against current best practices for the treatment of patients potentially exposed to BBPs or BBFEs, BBP Next has several major advantages:
1. Provides the treating clinician with current, quickly accessible, and interactive medical information for optimal treatment recommendations.
2. Saves valuable time for the medical provider in dealing with medical assessments that are historically overly burdensome and time consuming.
3. Offers an algorithmic approach for efficient and customized recommendations based on individual patient circumstances.
4. Is consistent with current Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and provides a quick-call link to the National Clinician Consultation Center PEP Line for expert consultation.
5. Results in improved quality of medical care and improved medical consistency within a medical facility.
6. Reduces medicolegal liability risk due to deviations from current treatment recommendations and standards of care.
7. Updates to the app arrive automatically, each time the app is launched.
8. BBP Next can be used without an internet connection, allowing it to be used in remote areas.
9. Allows for the concise and efficient algorithmic process rather than the extensive review of reference materials and guidelines.
10. Is very medical provider / user friendly resulting in improved clinician satisfaction.
BBP Next is the creation of a Board Certified Occupational Medicine physician and includes the recommendations and guidance of several other Occupational Medicine physicians.
BBP Next is offered as an annual subscription at $12.99. There is a 30 day free trial period, after which your iTunes account will be automatically charged. Your subscription will be automatically renewed each year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Terms and Conditions available at: http://topdocapps.com/terms
Updates to app store metadata.
- Top Doc Apps LLC
- 14.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Top Doc Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.