BDayCal Synch for Facebook Birthdays
By Kuhlmanation, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Since iOS4.0 You can get TRUE calendar syncing.***
***Check out the latest version***
Never forget a birthday again! Easily sync your Facebook friend's birthdays to your native phone and computer calendar. Now your phone will remind you of important days with no need for a constant internet connection like simliar "push"- based apps. Go back to the app any day (like when your calendar reminds you) to check birthdays for that day and post directly to your friend's wall.
Download today...updates with new features coming soon.
How it works in 4 simple steps:
1) Login and allow Facebook permissions
2) Press "Find and Sync Birthdays" to bring up a list of all your friends and their birthdays. Sort the list by First Name, Last Name, or Birth Date. Choose a Calendar if you want to target a particular one.
3) Check the friends you want to sync and press "sync!"
4) Come back to the app when your calendar reminds you to quickly post on friends' wall for that day.
Compare to competition:
This app places the birthdays automatically into your native calendar. Does not require an internet connection like "push" and shows up on your calendar unlike "local notifications." If you want your friend's birthdays on your calendar with subsequent notifications, stay away from apps that advertise these methods for notification.
Facebook Security Tips:
If you find that none of your friends are showing their birthdays, there is a problem with your Facebook security allowing permissions for the app to read special information. Go to Facebook Privacy settings >> Applications, Games, and Websites >> Remove "Birthday and Anniversary Calendar". Re-run the app on your phone, and Re-login. You will then be able to 'allow' this app to read birthdays. Please email me if you are having trouble before ranking the app.
Beyond building this app based on public APIs Kuhlmanation LLC has no company affiliation with Facebook.
What's New in Version 4.0
This is an exciting release for my many loyal customers.
1. Facebook single-sign-on technology means much easier sign in to use the app even quicker.
2. Choose you calendar - allows to pick which calendar you would like to sync birthdays to.
3. Great new login screen
1. Fixed the sign-in issues that some are having since Facebook made changes.
2. Fixed crash happening when some tried to post to friends wall.
3. Fixed bug that sometimes cause birthdays to get written to an unwritable calendar resulting in problems syncing.
Did what it says, which is great seeing as how the iPhone FB app is completely lame on birthdays.
Although useful only at install time, a "check all" feature would be nice. I only have 150 friends, but I have friends with thousands, and it would be PAINFUL for them to set up first time.
Also, I hope the app is smart enough to help me find friends' birthdays when I add new friends. I'd worry about duplicating ones already in my calendar.
Works...but crashes A LOT!
First, it works. Second, the most names I've successfully added at a time is 24. Third, it often crashes during the sync. I now add 8 names at a time but still it crashes during the sync - normally after 6 or more sets of 8. So, you have to watch it when you're adding names as the names you are attempting to add WHEN it crashes are not added. Finally, with these items in mind, it works.
I have a 3G iPhone
It looks like it worked, there were a few times the app., called for 5 iOS, I thought it meant for a higher grade iPhone. Can you explain to me about that. Thank you. It does look like it's working though.:)
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 08, 2012
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kuhlmanation, LLC
- © 2010 Kuhlmanation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.