Be a better friend, spouse, parent, coworker, or leader. Help others make better decisions, thoughtfully think through situations, and talk through ideas. Improve your listening skills and ability to ask power questions. Learn how to structure a conversation that encourages awareness of what is happening and actions that reach desired results.
The app includes the following modules:
Module 1: What is a THINKing partner? (free)
The additional modules are an in-app purchase. One purchase buys all remaining modules.
Module 2: The power of awareness and action
Module 3: What to notice when you are listening
Module 4: How to ask powerful questions
Module 5: Follow the 5 THINK steps
Toolbox: Tools for the THINKing partner
prACTice: Exercises to complete
Did It!: A place to record what you accomplished
- Micro Lessons of Powerful Content: Read each app page for a micro lesson with small bursts of specific powerful content.
- Toolbox: Use the tools repeatedly for different conversations. Pick and choose the tool that is best for your situation.
- Videos: Watch the 1-minute micro-lesson videos throughout the app. Each video explains how to apply the app content.
- prACTice: Strengthen your ability to be a THINKing Partner; complete the practice exercises.
- Font Sizes: Choose between three font sizes for comfortable reading.
- Bookmark: Bookmark “important to you” content. Quickly find that content when you need it.
- Did It: Record your progress and prACTice results. The data you provide helps to assess the power of the app.
- Badges of completion: Complete the activities and earn badges of completion.
- Background Color: Change the background to one of four shades.
The App Background
Diane Morrison, the author, has been teaching leaders to use coaching skills for 20 years. In classroom sessions, many leaders talk about coaching family members and friends. Absolutely, almost everyone will benefit from having a THINKing Partner! Sometimes, the act of coaching seems overwhelming – so let’s make it simple; less telling and more listening.
Diane Morrison and Marcy Sprenkle are sisters. Diane is the writer and designer. Marcy is the researcher. Marcy’s research background and skills and Diane’s coaching experience came together to create the Be a THINKing Partner app. Marcy lives in New Mexico with her two children and fur baby, Buddy. Marcy teaches school and is earning her Ph.D. in organizational development.
Diane lives in Michigan with her husband, two children, five grandchildren, and fur baby, Annabel. Diane has been teaching leadership skills for 20 years. She helps leadership teams implement organization-wide training programs.
Updated Store Listing
Ratings and Reviews
Easy To Use
To gain a basic understanding of what a thinking partner is, and how to do better, this is a great app! I love the interaction included, and enjoyed each section.
- 2-Way Communications LLC
- 85.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 2-Way Communications, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Module 2, 3, 4, and 5 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.