Be Focused - Focus Timer & Goal Tracker for work
By Denys Yevenko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of work intervals between long breaks
• Target number of work intervals per day
- Possibility to start/pause/skip the current interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- 3D Touch
- Original ticking sound (optional)
- Custom alarm sound or vibration
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- One universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Mac version is also available
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
What's New in Version 1.6.2
• Multiple fixes and improvements
Useful and simple
After downloading a few pomodoro apps, I liked this one the best due to it's simplicity, and that it has the features I wanted. It includes an alarm, easy to categorize your "focus" times, and make any adjustments if needed. A lot of other apps were very complex. I wanted something I could learn in the matter of seconds. If your main focus is to spend more deliberate times, why spend too much time learning an app? I am able to categorize my work, study, and free time.
I'd recommend to the developers to create a feature where you can enter your own manual time, more of a time management tool. That would make a good addition, making the app a more robust. Even for $1.99, I'd buy it. Especially since I would want to enter my time I'm wasting. I could compare how much I'm spending on productive time vs wasteful times.
This app combines the effective "pomodoro technique" with helpful customization on an easy-to-use platform. Users can choose the standard 25-minutes-of-work and 5-minutes-of-rest approach, or personalize the sessions and break times to fit their personal needs and goals. A wonderful bonus is the range of alerts available. I have come to rely on the sounds of the "victory" chime telling me I have finished a session and the "train whistle" signaling the end of a break. Frankly, I don't know if I would have finished my current writing project without Be Focused. All in all, this is a great app!
When my boyfriend suggested I install this app to get my many tasks completed for building my business, I went along with it. Now I'm addicted because my brain loves to be told to focus for short periods of time. It keeps me on task in such a simple yet effective way. If I didn't have the timer set to one specific task, I would spend hours or all day on one item. That so easily leads to me being overwhelmed and burning out. So, thanks for the simple app and thanks, CB, for the suggestion <3
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 41.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Denys Yevenko
- © 2016 Xwavesoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.