Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
• Added the ability to adjust the volume of notifications
• Added the ability to change volume and frequency of the Chronometer sound
• Added the ability to turn off the Chronometer sound for breaks
• New Work Completed / End Break sounds added
• Added the ability to view the amount of skipped intervals for the preferred period to the Reports
• Added a "Pie Chart" to the Reports, which allows to estimate how much time was spent on a certain tasks
• Multiple fixes and improvements
Thanks for using Be Focused. Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback helps us to make Be Focused even better.
Ratings and Reviews
This is great; negative reviews seem to describe some other app
I only have one quibble with this app being less than great for me: I would like it to take the computer’s focus away from whatever I’m doing to the app so that I have to actually decide and click to keep working. I usually work with music so the alarm sounds are either lost, ignored, or too jarring. There’s another Pomodoro-style app that I had been using that does the focus switch, but it doesn’t have the flexibility this one does, like pausing the work period and being able to log the task.
I read through a bunch of negative reviews here, and they are all complaining about things that just are not true. Yes, you can change the length of the work period and the length of breaks, yes, you can turn on a ticking sound and control its volume. The only complaint I found to be actually true was that the default end-of-work alarm was too loud. But seriously, you knew you were setting an alarm from the app description; yet you didn’t check the volume? OK, people do just just jump in and a gentler default would be nice, but it hardly seems something to downrated to a 3 about. The rest of the complaints seem to more of that kind of thinking: it wasn't set to MY preferences out of the box and I didn’t bother to look at the settings before complaining. Seriously? Do you eat at McDonalds too much (where the default is just the way you like it) or what?
a great tool for "focus time"
I teach classes on productivity and focus. One of the most imporant parts of a "productive" life is having focused time, with all distractions turned off, to do your core work. For years, I would just use a simple timer to keep track of focus time, and also remind me to take breaks. This worked okay, but many of the timers were clunky. Plus, I had no idea where/how I was spending my time overall, unless I wanted to separately track it.
Then, along comes Be Focused. A perfect solution. It combines the timer with a lot more. It allows you to keep track of specific activities that you're engaging in, and how much time you're spending there. It automatically alternates between focus sessions and break sessions. It allows you specify how much time you want to alternate between focus and breaks, and will automatically remind you to stay on track. I haven't yet tried the pro version, but just this free version does a lot and is very useful.
Great help for concentration!
I highly recommend this app to those who want a better time management. “Be Focused” had been very helpful to me, a highschool student. “Be Focused” has a simple, but highly functional and useful interface. I haven’t yet experienced any bugs with the app. The a lot of features in the app can be customized by users. The break time, intervals, focus time, and notification sounds and volume can all be adjusted. Some of its best features to me are the goal setter, the fact that it shows the timer when hidden, and the chronometer sound that can be played in the background. These features make “Be Focused" stand out from numerous focus apps in the market. A lot of thanks to the developers for the attention to details!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.