Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
The key features:
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of work intervals between long breaks
• Target number of work intervals per day
- Possibility to start/pause/skip the current interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- 3D Touch
- Original ticking sound (optional)
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of notification sounds or vibration
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Different alarm sounds or vibration
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
- Supports Apple Watch
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I really like the app overall and some of the features are great. I really like that it's not a subscription and I can just buy the pro version. The thing that stops me from doing that though is that I wish I could change the interval settings and stuff for each category. Like it knows that I want to read for 20 minutes but clean for 15 or whatever and the settings would be saved. I also kind of wish there was a toggle for the categories poe chart to see time spent proportionally instead of just intervals, like an option to see either one. I like that you can export your data and keep track and view it in app with a bar or pie chart. I wish there was an option to make the end of task alarm go off even in silent mode. I also wish there was an option to move tasks from undone to done once you have reached the set goal amount of intervals for the day and reset at the end of the day (a time that you choose).
Useful and simple
After downloading a few pomodoro apps, I liked this one the best due to it's simplicity, and that it has the features I wanted. It includes an alarm, easy to categorize your "focus" times, and make any adjustments if needed. A lot of other apps were very complex. I wanted something I could learn in the matter of seconds. If your main focus is to spend more deliberate times, why spend too much time learning an app? I am able to categorize my work, study, and free time.
I'd recommend to the developers to create a feature where you can enter your own manual time, more of a time management tool. That would make a good addition, making the app a more robust. Even for $1.99, I'd buy it. Especially since I would want to enter my time I'm wasting. I could compare how much I'm spending on productive time vs wasteful times.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the suggestion! It was added to our wish list. We'll consider the ability to implement it in the future updates.
A Few Things
Seeing as how this app hasn’t been updated in over a year, I doubt anything will be done about this.
It tracks time and tasks well, I like the categorization of tasks feature. My issues lie with the Watch app being hit or miss as to whether you can begin tracking from the app. Sometimes it works, I can literally see the clock ticking away. Then I check it a few minutes later and it has reset as if it was never started in the first place, and no progress is logged for the task even if the allotted time has passed. Which brings me to my second issue... notifications. The app is again unreliable in chiming when time is up. It does this on both the phone and the watch. It makes it difficult to take breaks when time is up, or to know when a break is over and it’s time to begin working again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.