Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of work intervals between long breaks
• Target number of work intervals per day
- Possibility to start/pause/skip the current interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Export to a CSV file
- 3D Touch
- Original ticking sound (optional)
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of notification sounds or vibration
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Mac*
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available*
- Supports Apple Watch
* Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
• Minor fixes and improvements
Thanks for using Be Focused. Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback helps us to make Be Focused even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Keep the Pro
I just started using this app. I find it very helpful for staying on task and for encouraging myself to take care of large tasks in small pieces, instead of waiting for a big chunk of time that never materializes. Whittling away by a Pomodoro or two at a time is much less intimidating than facing a week or a month on one gigantic project. It also encourages me to take regular, short breaks that do not derail my progress. I like the word pro on the badge because it helped me discern the free version I originally downloaded from the paid version. I agree with the people who prefer to use the phone version in order to conserve computer resources.
UPDATE: l've had this app for a while now. It's one of my favorites. It does exactly the description says it. And when I use it, my days are far more productive and far more peaceful. I hope the developer continues to update this excellent app so it's always current with the latest operating system.
Does the complex things well and the simple things badly
What’s good about this app is how it slices and dices the time you spend on different tasks and presents it to you in graphs. Not just timing but time tracking, that’s good.
What’s driven me in frustration is that it simply will either not produce a sound or produce one at any kind of proper volume. On my iPad Pro, with the system sound turned up to the max and the app sound turned up to the max, sounds turned on in the app and tested in the app, notifications turned on in the system, it simply refuses to produce any notification sound. On my iPhone, in the same situation, the sound volume is so low that it can barely be heard in even very low noise situations.
This is bad—the whole point of notifications is that it should notify you. If you’re okay with constantly looking over and checking the timer, this app is fine, but I’m so frustrated I’m no longer going to use it.
Thank you for the feedback! This is not the way Be Focused should work. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help in solving this annoying issue.
This is the best pomodoro-style task timer I have found. I really like being able to connect my phone and MacBook. It lets me get up during a break working on the computer, and take my reminder alarm along with me, or sometimes I don't wNt my computer neSr me at all. Some things I'd like to see fixed: sometimes the phone and computer get unhitched from each other, and I have to log out of the app and back in on the phone to get them synced again. Also I'd like if I could have different settings on the phone and the computer. For example, I would prefer to having the ticking sound on one or the other but not both. But those are details that don't stop the app from being very helpful. I stay on task better, and get more done, when I use it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.