Beachbum Berry’s Total Tiki is the definitive reference for classic and contemporary exotic mixed drinks on your iPad or iPhone.
This unique entertainment resource—the sequel to our five-star Beachbum Berry’s Tiki+—presents exquisite drink recipes researched and meticulously documented by the authority on Tiki cocktails and “Polynesian Pop” exotic drinks: Jeff “Beachbum” Berry. Beachbum Berry is the author of “Sippin’ Safari,” “Beachbum Berry Remixed,” “Beachbum Berry’s Taboo Table” and other books that have resurrected exotic drinks for the current day.
- 250 top notch drink recipes including authoritative recipes for the Zombie, Mai Tai, Painkiller, Scorpion and scores of less-known, brilliant refreshments—no bad drinks here!
- Over 200 inspiring vintage and contemporary drink photos!
- Check off the ingredients you’ve got and this app will show you which drinks you can make
- Filter the recipes on multiple criteria with just a few taps
- Flag recipes and tag favorites; create custom lists of recipes
- Annotate recipes with comments and cumulative likes and dislikes and build up a chronological history of your explorations
- Ingredient definitions included
- Sync your ingredient inventory, favorites and flagged, custom lists and journal entries across our entire suite of apps and over as many iOS devices as you like, using our free sync service
- Universal app, works nearly identically on both platforms
Please enjoy responsibly and in moderation!
- compatibility fixes
- improved implied inventory UI
Ratings and Reviews
My 2nd drink app purchase from this publisher
Though I've made and enjoyed numerous drinks and cocktails over the decades, I never went very far beyond a few comfortable favorites, that is, unless I was sitting at a competent bar somewhere and could order a drink that was outside my comfort zone! Along with "The Bar Book" (Kindle version) by J. Morgenthaler, and this publisher's Easy Cocktails (Shaken and Stirred) app, I feel I've received a fairly inexpensive, but surprisingly thorough, mixology starter course -- that is, inexpensive if you don't count the liquor store bill! Features such as the ability to track your available ingredients (including across their various apps via the included sync service), making journal entries, and knowing what drinks you can build given your current inventory (or with one or two more ingredients), made the cost of this app a non-issue for me. Very useful. Basically, this is what one good cocktail might cost you at a decent Tiki bar! I've only tried a couple of the recipes so far, but am looking forward to many more. I hope lots of fellow drink aficionados will also purchase these apps, such that the publisher will maintain and update this suite of apps for many years to come.
Vacation at home!
Reliable recipes that make delicious drinks, and the integration with the other apps from Martin Doudoroff is outstanding. I can't recommend his apps highly enough. I would much rather have an app with a well-curated selection of high quality recipes, than an app with thousands of cocktails of questionable quality. Moreover, the app is well thought out, with extremely useful features.
I particularly appreciate that this app has a number of lower-alcohol recipes, and that despite the reputation of most tiki drinks, not all of these recipes are sweet. All of them are complex and well-rounded.
I've even e-mailed Martin a couple of times and immediately received friendly and helpful responses. I've purchased three of his apps and expect to add another 2 or 3 fairly soon. After using these apps, I don't want to use anything else. I know I'm gushing, but they are honestly that good.
Quick hint: a number of these recipes call for "Jamaican dark rum". Yes, you can use Myer's Dark, but it's not ideal. Coruba dark is a bit better, but try mixing 1/3 Smith & Cross Navy Rum with 2/3 Appleton Signature or Reserve rum, if you can. There is a reason the recipes call for Jamaican rum, not just dark rum. Jamaican rum tends to be...funky. Open a bottle of Smith & Cross and you will immediately know what I mean. On its own it can overwhelm recipes, but mixed with a less overpowering Jamaican rum, its perfect.
Worth the money
This app is really well thought-out. Managing your inventory is simple, yet more thorough than any other home bar app I've found. Its ingredients and substitution database is extensive. Even reading through the ingredients and recipes databases is actually fun and enlightening. Inventory is not just a simplistic "yes I have this/no I don't" interface like other apps. Each ingredient in the database has a dedicated page with info, suggested substitutions from your inventory, and recipes in which it is either usable or specified. Different parts of the app are linked together in this way which makes it extremely usable. Drink recipes contain history, trivia, vintage artwork. It's just on a different level than other similar apps. Worth every penny and makes me want to buy the other apps from this publisher. To the developer - I appreciate your efforts.
- Martin Doudoroff LLC
- 71.8 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014-2017 Martin Doudoroff LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.