Do you love to walk beaches and search for washed up treasures? Are you interested in becoming a citizen scientist? Beach Observer is the app for you! Get involved by simply taking a photo and recording what you have observed. It’s that easy!
Here are the categories of things you can observe:
• Biological (i.e. live or dead animals and plants)
• Manmade (i.e. plastic, metal, glass, wood, and other)
• Chemical (i.e. hazardous, non-hazardous, and other)
• Habitat (i.e. a beach profile, and other)
• Other (i.e. anything that does not fit in either of the categories)
Beach Observer is a tool to help assist with observing, recording and monitoring coastal shorelines around the world. Track wildlife, marine debris, pollution and other unique things with this interactive citizen science app.
• Download a database of all your observations
• App still works offline in places with no cell signal
• Interactive map that displays all public observations from other users around the world
• Can share observations with your friends on social media.
Fix for iOS10.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful for mapping marine debris and keeping track of what washes up. We can use this for planning beach clean up weekends.
- Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC
- 58.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Coastal and Ocean Resources
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.