Use Beacon to signal availability to your friends!
• In town for a conference and want to hang out with other attendees?
• Have an extra ticket to a show?
• Want to go hiking but prefer not to go alone?
Post your impromptu event in Beacon and we'll leverage the power of your social graph on Twitter to signal to friends and attendees nearby. When someone joins your event, we'll let you know! Beacon is a friendly space designed to bring people together.
• An easy way for a friend to join your exact location
• Fun things to do, every event in Beacon is happening nearby
• See all the events you’re attending or organizing in a beautiful, concise view
• Granularly controlled push notifications
Improved location UX
Ratings and Reviews
Needs better prompting for group membership
Downloaded app at my WWDC hotel; it was empty. No events. Told me I did not have enough friends. Ugh. Felt bad about not being twitter-popular.
Not until THURSDAY did I open the app again. I opened nearer to the location, and was automatically prompted to add to the WWDC group. Way too late at this point.
You really need to do a better job of letting people know how to join groups like WWDC. The app made it seem like it was all based on twitter friends.
Wish it didn't require super Twitter permissions. Does it really need write and DM access?
A concept, not an app (yet)
Love the concept; it immediately made me tap that Get button. Execution is pretty bad, rushed, making for a disappointing user experience compared to the promise of the concept. You'll see a blast of tons of public posts, and if there happens to be a post from a tweep, they likely live 800 miles away. No filters. Settings only cover notifications. It's a very cool concept, but this should have been kept in development for more features that match the brand promise before being released.
- Ashley Nelson-Hornstein
- 32 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Team Avail
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.