Beam is a new way to beautifully manage your HomeKit devices with your iPhone and iPad. View and control everything with one easy interface.
Once your accessories are added to HomeKit, every time you want to control them, you simply open Beam and they automatically appear.
GET CONVENIENT CONTROL
Control your home’s comfort and safety with a tap.
HAVE PEACE OF MIND
Quickly check up on your home, wherever you are.
TRUST THAT IT WORKS
It’s been thoroughly tested to just work.
You could say we’re excited about it. We're a group of designers and developers who found ourselves frustrated by the dull and complicated home automation products on the market. It's why we built our own. We thought you should be able to control your home with intuitive gestures and beautiful interfaces. And that the technology should be easy for anyone to pick up and use.
Right now, Beam works with recommended HomeKit products like thermostats, outlets, switches and lights.
And we are working hard to support new devices and the full HomeKit feature set.
* Updated alert text and app description to clarify installation information
RECENT NEW FEATURES
* Switch Support
* Color support for lights
* Easily contact the Beam Team for feature requests and feedback from within the app
* Lock support
* Scene and Room Display
* 3D Touch for Scenes on Dashboard
Ratings and Reviews
Well, obviously there are tons of essential features missing, but it's a really solid start. I would say that I hope they can keep things moving along and gain some momentum with this app quickly before apple releases their HomeKit app... can't imagine we're going to have to wait much longer for that. A few features they should add asap:
- Control for multiple homes. I have HomeKit devices in two locations, but this app will only access one of them.
- Allow us to access rooms.
- Allow users to rearrange the devices in the main screen.
- Allow users to rename devices.
- Pinch to go back to the main page is a pretty bad choice. Horrible for one handed use.
Good start though, love how quickly the app opens. Hope they build on this solid start and make something that finally ties HomeKit together.
Promising - Great Appearance
My devices supported: Hue, iHome plugs, ecobee3 thermostat, Lutron switches(appear as regular bulbs).
Not supported: Schlage Sense door lock.
The layout of the app looks really nice. I hope you roll out scene and room support soon. And I'd suggest for the hue bulbs, if it's on and you're on the main screen, the bulb should show the color.
Clean and simple.
So far the app is very clean and simple. Looking forward to zones coming in an update. Also, would be nice if you can rename devices in the app.
- Mutual Mobile
- 20.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2016 by Mutual Mobile, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.