Operate a Beam or BeamPro telepresence system from an iOS device.
Drive a Beam or BeamPro using the Beam Pilot Application (https://suitabletech.com/). More information can be found over at https://suitabletech.com/documentation/pilot-guide/.
For the best experience, please use one of the following devices or newer:
- iPhone 5S
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 2
- Various Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
App crashes occasionally
Great when it works. However app seems to crash upon launch on occasion.
The app is worst than a prototype
The Beam service is really greats remote conference and video chat with a physical presence at remote location.
However, the iOS app is lacking some base functions as:
- pip when the app is running in background
- recording of video should continue when the app is running in background
- recording of video should continue when using iOS's Slide Over feature
- the app should at least render correctly on a 12,9'' iPad Pro
-- Update on June 2, 2017 --
Lost 2 stars since my last review
- The app is still not optimized for iPhone 6 and 6plus screen (what???)
- The app crashes almost at every session. Every time when I'm doing nothing but listening.
- The app show a popup to rate the last session, but it is not possible to tap any of the buttons
The app itself works great but I wish I could copy and paste in my complex password from my password locker
- Suitable Technologies, Inc.
- 116.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Suitable Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.