Bear - beautiful writing app for notes and prose
By Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bear is a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose.
Link notes to each other to build a body of work. Use hashtags to organize for the way you think. And yet, all notes are stored in plain, portable text.
WRITE YOUR WAY
Bear is perfect for everything from quick notes, to code snippets, to in-depth essays. A focus mode helps you concentrate, and advanced Markdown and other markup options are an online writer's best friend. Full in-line image support brings your writing to life, and keep yourself on task by adding todos to individual notes.
EDITING TOOLS AND EXPORTS
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear's simple tools take the effort out of writing, whether you need to hit specific word counts and reading times, or you need to convert your writing into PDF and Word docs. With Bear's custom markup shortcuts, you can add style and links with just a tap or keystroke.
USE IT EVERYWHERE
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear works on your devices, so you can write wherever inspiration strikes. Use todos to stay on task across every device.
SEARCH ALL THE THINGS
Bear can instantly search all your notes, but it can also focus on specific things with Search Triggers. Use @task to find all your todos, @tagged “ideas” to find your notes that are waiting to blossom, or @files to find all notes with attachments.
BEAR FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
• In-line support for images and photos
• Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
• Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
• Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
• Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
• Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come
• Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes however you like
• One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar
• Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters
• All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate in portability
• Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud
• Regular updates to keep you and your writing current
Also available from Bear:
Bear Pro - Sync and more
• Sync notes between all your devices
• Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
• Eight gorgeous app themes to get just the right writing environment, with more themes on the way
• Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Bear. Find us online at:
Our forum: http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.0.5
• Notes can now be sorted by creation date, modification date or title and tags by title and number of notes
• Note creation date is now displayed in the Information Panel
• Improved rendering performances
• It is now possible to access to the Note List search field from any point of the App
• Faster and more memory efficient Evernote importer
• Support for Version 1 TextBundles in import
• Corrected sync problems with MacOS 10.12 Sierra
• Various bug fixes
Alternative to DayOne With Bad Pricing Model
There's a collective sense of euphoria about this app, but at the end of the day, but I don't think there's any thing so new or innovative about it that justifies it's pricing model. Most of its core features have been in DayOne for years. But Bear does something that I've me waiting for DayOne to do: Enable you to sort tags and fragments you've written in a hierarchy.
So today I count myself as being a happy adopter of this app. But it is far from being the game changer that people think it is.
The free version has has features that are good enough for my purposes. But I would like all the features of the paid version, especially the formatting. What stops me is the pricing model is insane. It's not the money that is at a issue, as I own other apps in much higher price points. There is nothing innovative enough under the hood that justifies the subscription model. For example, there is Ulysses which also enables you to do the hierarchy thing. I'm thinking seriously buying it...and they're charging $25 one-time. The Bear team really needs to rethink this. I would gladly pay $20 for this. If you then want me to pay for a major update, a year or two from now, fine. But don't charge a subscription for something that could be almost the same a year from now.
Bear is a joy to use
This app is a great app that allows me to quickly take notes on all my devices and use tags to organize them well. The ability to organize with tags makes this app much better than Apple Notes (also the ability to search on a specific tag only). There are some updates that will make this app even better and I have confidence that the developers will deliver. Definitely worth the $15 for the annual subscription.
So glad there is a pricing model that will ensure I can use this app for a long time!
This app is so great, in so many ways! Flexible for so many purposes (notes, journal, personal wiki, reference materials, etc.) plus the URL callbacks make it perfect to use in so many parts of my life.
As I mentioned in the title, so glad to know that this app can be continued to grow and not likely to disappear because they couldn't find a way to pay their amazing developers!
Keep up the great work Bear team!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 05, 2017
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
- © 2016 Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro$1.49
- Bear Pro$14.99