By Nevercenter Ltd. Co.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Bear Winter might be the most romantic Match-3 game I’ve ever played." - Gamezebo
"Bear Winter's tranquil piano soundtrack and lazy snowfall backdrop barely shield a merciless survival game." - Pocket Gamer
"7/10" -Pocket Gamer, Bronze Award
I travel, alone, deep into the wilderness to find her.
I find fires to stay warm.
I gather acorns to refill my health.
I collect arrows to be ready.
Then the ice bears come.
- Visit the wilderness via beautiful pseudo-retro graphics
- Haunting, gorgeous soundtrack
- Addictive bite-sized gameplay
- Enthralling story
- Original matching mechanic -- not a "match-three" clone
- Challenging strategy -- each item performs a different function
- How many days can you survive?
What's New in Version 1.50
- In response to popular demand, we've removed all elements of free-to-play and advertising. Enjoy the full experience!
- Swipe animation added to make it more clear where you've swiped.
- What better way to cool off this summer than by fending off ice bears in the snowy Russian wilderness, and potentially dying of frostbite?
I enjoyed it...
For those having trouble with swiping, swipe within the box; start on the piece you wish to remove and then swipe in the direction of choice. I have a habit of wanting to swipe outside of the board myself, so I find the gameplay to be a bit awkward. Despite the slight awkwardness with swiping (just a personal preference), I am quite fond of this game. I love the music, like the art, and find the game to be quite challenging. It's challenging enough that when you finally do match 3 flames, you almost feel like you've accomplished something...
I really enjoy this game because it's unique and challenging. I downloaded it yesterday and as soon as I figured it out, I was hooked! My favorite part about this game is that there are no in-app purchases-one of the few apps that don't (although theoretically there could be one for themes or something I guess)-so people willing to spend money don't have a leg up on anyone else. I really appreciate the fact that there aren't any ads, because it seems to be the staple of all "freemium" apps now. Keep up the good work!
Unique atmosphere that I like coming back too, with a melancholic song that suits the futile quest for survival of the protagonist/player.
I'd like to see a little more 'flair' when you swipe a match-3, but that's a minor complaint.
It's not a super deep game (hence 4 star rating instead of 5), but a great pick up and play for a few minutes that is worth the price IMO.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 1.50
- Size: 91.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nevercenter Ltd. Co.
- © 2014 Nevercenter Ltd. Co.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.