By Shiny Frog
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bear is a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes, prose, code and now sketches!
Link notes to each other to build a body of work. Use hashtags to organize for the way you think. And yet, all notes are stored in plain, portable text.
WRITE YOUR WAY
Bear is perfect for everything from quick notes, to code snippets, to in-depth essays. A focus mode helps you concentrate, and advanced Markdown and other markup options are an online writer's best friend. Full in-line image support brings your writing to life, and keep yourself on task by adding todos to individual notes.
EDITING TOOLS AND EXPORTS
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear's simple tools take the effort out of writing, whether you need to hit specific word counts and reading times, or you need to convert your writing into PDF and Word docs. With Bear's custom markup shortcuts, you can add style and links with just a tap or keystroke.
USE IT EVERYWHERE
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear works on your devices, so you can write wherever inspiration strikes. Use todos to stay on task across every device.
SEARCH ALL THE THINGS
Bear can instantly search all your notes, but it can also focus on specific things with Search Triggers. Use @task to find all your todos, @tagged “ideas” to find your notes that are waiting to blossom, or @files to find all notes with attachments.
BEAR FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
• In-line support for images and photos
• Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
• Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
• Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
• Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
• Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come
• Grab images, text, files and clip web pages with Bear’s iOS App extension
• Support for Apple Pencil and hand sketching
• Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes however you like
• One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar
• Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters
• All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate portability
• Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud
• Custom app icons to match Pro themes
• Regular updates to keep you and your writing current
Also available from Bear:
Bear Pro - Sync and more
• Sync notes between all your devices
• Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
• Eight gorgeous app themes to get just the right writing environment, with more themes on the way
• Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Bear. Find us online at:
Our forum: http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.2.3
- Highlighting: Give important parts of your notes that special neon glow they deserve
- Quick Time/Date Formatting: We added new shortcuts for inserting the current date/hours in various formats, such as “4 Jul 2017, 10:21” and “4 Jul 2017” and “04/07/2017, 10:21”
- More Special Searches: Find all notes modified on the current day and the day before with new search modifiers: @today and @yesterday
- Remove a Tag From a Note: Sometimes you just need to part ways with a tag, though hopefully it’s amicable and you can remain friends on Facebook. Select the tag in the sidebar, then swipe left on a note, tap More, then “Remove tag (X)”
- AirDrop: Instantly send Bear notes to people nearby with AirDrop, now appearing in a share sheet near you
- Innovative new ‘Print Note’ Option: We’re empowering you to bring your Bear notes into the real world with an incredible new feature we call “Printing.” Yes, they’ll print as rich text
- Share as Rich Text: Speaking of rich text, you can now share beautiful notes to selected applications including Mail, AirMail, Inbox and Gmail
- Fancy Note Counter Technology: The top of note lists now has a groundbreakingly innovative note counter. Guess what it does
- Actionable Search Results: Swiping notes in search results now displays the same actions as you’ll find in note and tag lists
- Fixed: We corrected the capitalization problem in headers and lists
Migrated from Evernote, Never Looking Back
To the developers of this awesome app: Please keep it focused and simple to use. Evernote's downfall was bloat and bugs. If this app stays true to its principles, I believe there will be a windfall of users coming over from Evernote and perhaps OneNote. I also like that the app focuses on iOS and macOS. Some of my favorite apps are developed for one platform, and you can tell from their usability the team is able to have more focus on the app.
Latest Update: I really like the latest update, I kept Apple Notes around just for the drawing feature and I no longer have to do that. Having multiple windows open on Mac is also a huge benefit! Great job and keep up the great work!
Fantastic note taking app
I went from Evernote to OneNote and found both tools offered great features but integrating those features with how I want to take notes was frustrating and futile.
When I found Bear I saw the solution to my frustrations almost instantly. I subscribed to the service within the first 5 minutes and haven't looked back. The note annotation tools are user friendly and are not hidden in sub menus. The integration of "*" and now "::" has become a life saver as it is now no longer necessary to select the entire sentence/paragraph to highlight, italicize or embolden. #timesaver! Now, I await the functionality to import my existing notes from OneNote, but until then all new notes are created in Bear!
To the developers, resist the temptation to bloat the platform. You're on the right bear-path.
-Can you implement a word cloud functionality regarding the tags?
-can you implement a summary view of a note which would only display highlighted sections?
Great for organization
What got my attention about Bear was its name - bears are among my favorite animals, and the little mascot is pretty adorable. What made me keep using it is its simplicity. Bear is like my notes app, but better - it's almost too easy to organize notes into folders and subfolders, and it gives me an easy place to keep my writing ideas and outlines, my journal, my notes, and pretty much anything else that can be written down. I'm hoping for a web / Windows compatible version soon :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
- © 2016 Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro$1.49
- Bear Pro$14.99