By Shiny Frog
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Bear is a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes, prose, code and now sketches!
Link notes to each other to build a body of work. Use hashtags to organize for the way you think. And yet, all notes are stored in plain, portable text.
WRITE YOUR WAY
Bear is perfect for everything from quick notes, to code snippets, to in-depth essays. A focus mode helps you concentrate, and advanced Markdown and other markup options are an online writer's best friend. Full in-line image support brings your writing to life, and keep yourself on task by adding todos to individual notes.
EDITING TOOLS AND EXPORTS
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear's simple tools take the effort out of writing, whether you need to hit specific word counts and reading times, or you need to convert your writing into PDF and Word docs. With Bear's custom markup shortcuts, you can add style and links with just a tap or keystroke.
USE IT EVERYWHERE
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear works on your devices, so you can write wherever inspiration strikes. Use todos to stay on task across every device.
SEARCH ALL THE THINGS
Bear can instantly search all your notes, but it can also focus on specific things with Search Triggers. Use @task to find all your todos, @tagged “ideas” to find your notes that are waiting to blossom, or @files to find all notes with attachments.
BEAR FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
• In-line support for images and photos
• Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
• Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
• Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
• Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
• Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come
• Grab images, text, files and clip web pages with Bear’s iOS App extension
• Support for Apple Pencil and hand sketching
• Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes however you like
• One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar
• Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters
• All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate portability
• Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud
• Custom app icons to match Pro themes
• Regular updates to keep you and your writing current
Also available from Bear:
Bear Pro - Sync and more
• Sync notes between all your devices
• Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
• Eight gorgeous app themes to get just the right writing environment, with more themes on the way
• Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Bear. Find us online at:
Our forum: http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Welcome to Bear 1.3 for iOS! Visit the Bear Blog for tips, news, and other goodies we’re working on: blog.bear-writer.com
**Introducing Bear for Apple Watch**
Take Bear everywhere and never forget a great note. Quickly save new ideas and update recent notes anywhere you are, using just your voice!
- First-ever Bear for Apple Watch
- Record new notes with your voice!
- View and edit your 10 most recent notes
- Append new text to recent notes
- Mark tasks in notes as complete
- Themes! Change Bear’s them on your iPhone, and your Watch will match! This includes both free themes and all premium themes for Bear Pro customers
Introducing the new Drop Bar on iPad an iPhone! We took Bear’s drag-and-drop features to the next level in version 1.3. Drag one or more notes to the new Drop Bar to:
- Pin them to the top of the Notes List
- Move them to Trash
- Duplicate each note
- Merge them into one mega note
- Share as one big note to other apps
- Export them as one big note in various formats, including RTF, PDF, Markdown, DOCX, JPG, and more (NOTE: Some export options require Bear Pro)
- Copy them to your clipboard as one big note in plain text, Markdown, HTML, and text without tags
- Copy links to the selected notes for pasting in other apps
- Copy the note identifiers for advanced workflows
We dragged a whole bunch of bugs to the new Drop Bar, sent them to Trash, then emptied the Trash. See? The Drop Bar is already pretty useful.
If you like Bear, we would love if you left a great review in the App Store! Just a couple kind words or a simple star rating helps a lot!
Elegantly simple, incredibly powerful
The title really says it all. I haven’t been able to spend enough time with it to master everything, but learning is easy and intuitive, and even without paying for a subscription the app is very useful.
One example of how to use this app to the max—create a note which is a master list of whatever you want to keep track of. You can use the hashtag feature to sort all related notes, but an even better way for certain lists is to have each item in your master list be a direct link (by placing double brackets around the item, matching the title of the note with more details on the specific item) to a second note with additional details, basically making it like a folder system.
On top of the powerful organization, there are a bunch of useful writing tools, including basics like checklists and numbered lists, to more finessed things for formatting like headings and lines dividing the page like a page break.
In short, you can use this app for practically anything and have a blast doing it.
This app keeps getting better than ever
I was a long time user of Evernote and switched to Bear a couple of months ago. It’s a fantastic app that I use every day on my iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
And now I use it on my Apple Watch. It’s super easy to use Bear to dictate a new note on the watch.
It’s one of my most used apps. Great job. Devs - keep it simple and avoid bloat. That’s one of the best things about this app.
Great note taking app, not yet an Evernote/OneNote replacement
Beautiful, beautiful app. Simple and easy to use. I would make the complete switch over from Evernote, but Bear doesn’t yet have (1) PDF highlighting and annotation capabilities or (2) tables. Both are really important features for those of us who are students and do a lot of reading/want to keep everything together in one place.
Also, some lighter-colored themes would be great to have!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
- © 2016 Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro$1.49
- Bear Pro$14.99