By Shiny Frog
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Bear is a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes, prose, code and now sketches!
Link notes to each other to build a body of work. Use hashtags to organize for the way you think. And yet, all notes are stored in plain, portable text.
WRITE YOUR WAY
Bear is perfect for everything from quick notes, to code snippets, to in-depth essays. A focus mode helps you concentrate, and advanced Markdown and other markup options are an online writer's best friend. Full in-line image support brings your writing to life, and keep yourself on task by adding todos to individual notes.
EDITING TOOLS AND EXPORTS
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear's simple tools take the effort out of writing, whether you need to hit specific word counts and reading times, or you need to convert your writing into PDF and Word docs. With Bear's custom markup shortcuts, you can add style and links with just a tap or keystroke.
USE IT EVERYWHERE
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear works on your devices, so you can write wherever inspiration strikes. Use todos to stay on task across every device.
SEARCH ALL THE THINGS
Bear can instantly search all your notes, but it can also focus on specific things with Search Triggers. Use @task to find all your todos, @tagged “ideas” to find your notes that are waiting to blossom, or @files to find all notes with attachments.
BEAR FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
• In-line support for images and photos
• Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
• Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
• Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
• Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
• Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come
• Grab images, text, files and clip web pages with Bear’s iOS App extension
• Support for Apple Pencil and hand sketching
• Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes however you like
• One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar
• Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters
• All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate portability
• Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud
• Custom app icons to match Pro themes
• Regular updates to keep you and your writing current
Also available from Bear:
Bear Pro - Sync and more
• Sync notes between all your devices
• Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
• Eight gorgeous app themes to get just the right writing environment, with more themes on the way
• Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Bear. Find us online at:
Our forum: http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.4
Welcome to Bear 1.4 for iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch! Visit the Bear Notes & Prose Blog for more information, tips, and news:
**Introducing Autocomplete for Tags, Notes, and Code!**
We are _delighted_ to release Autocomplete, but we didn’t stop at #tags—it’s for notes and code, too!
* Start typing a #tag, and Bear will suggest existing tag names.
* Many popular tags now have icons in the Bear Sidebar so they are more identifiable!
* Link other notes or build a wiki by typing double brackets: [[ and then the name of a note. Bear will suggest notes for you to instantly link.
* Start a code block, and Bear now autocompletes commands from over 20 programming languages.
**Bear 1.4 for Apple Watch**
* Use 3D Touch on supported devices to delete notes when viewing a note or the Notes List.
* Scribble on notes by force pressing on them or the New Note button.
* Add todos by force pressing on a note.
**A couple final goodies in Bear 1.4**
* Two new themes for Bear Pro customers: DuoTone Light and Snow.
* A third new Bear Pro theme: Dieci (it means ‘ten’ in Italian!). Designed for iPhone X, Dieci uses the true black of the amazing new OLED screen for a gorgeous writing experience and battery life improvements!
* Bear now remembers the custom keyboard you use with each note.
Left Evernote after six years
I was an Evernote power user for six years. Like many of my Evernote-using friends, I grew increasingly frustrated with the bloated product, outdated design, and shoddy mobile apps.
I tried a couple of other note apps (Simplenote, Apple Notes, Google Keep), but none fit the bill.
Bear is a total game changer in this regard. BEAUTIFUL design. Very quick and responsive. Fantastic mobile apps. Reasonable pro upgrade price. And for other Evernote die-hards, importing your notes is easy and quick.
Beautiful and a joy to use
I've used a lot of notes programs, each for a different purpose, but within a week of using Bear, it was in my dock and it hasn't left.
It's gorgeous and easy to use, the perfect notepad for incoming ideas you can sort later. The interface is so thoughtfully crafted you can feel the love. It makes you feel like you're putting your thoughts in a beautiful, happy, safe space, which could make one take better notes.
I know this is a shoot-for-the-stars request, but if it could show a fountain document preview as you type (like Slugline on the Mac), I think I'd lose my mind. Gladly!
But really, I know that's a big ask. Any kind of fountain support would be lovely tho.
Thanks for the great app!
UPDATE: Put Slugline in Bear’s place on the dock when I got it, just to goose my use of that app. Bear is back. Still my input and environment of choice.
Bear has been my go-to for a while now for my wiki style notes, with many links between them. The auto-complete functionality that was just added has made that functionality twice as useful as before! Love, love, love it!
I also appreciate the squashing of iOS copy / paste bugs that had been annoying and are now gone. Great work on this update! Can’t recommend it enough.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 34.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
- © 2016 Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro$1.49
- Bear Pro$14.99