By Shiny Frog
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Bear is a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes, prose, code and now sketches!
Link notes to each other to build a body of work. Use hashtags to organize for the way you think. And yet, all notes are stored in plain, portable text.
WRITE YOUR WAY
Bear is perfect for everything from quick notes, to code snippets, to in-depth essays. A focus mode helps you concentrate, and advanced Markdown and other markup options are an online writer's best friend. Full in-line image support brings your writing to life, and keep yourself on task by adding todos to individual notes.
EDITING TOOLS AND EXPORTS
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear's simple tools take the effort out of writing, whether you need to hit specific word counts and reading times, or you need to convert your writing into PDF and Word docs. With Bear's custom markup shortcuts, you can add style and links with just a tap or keystroke.
USE IT EVERYWHERE
- Requires a Bear Pro in-app subscription. Learn more below.
Bear works on your devices, so you can write wherever inspiration strikes. Use todos to stay on task across every device.
SEARCH ALL THE THINGS
Bear can instantly search all your notes, but it can also focus on specific things with Search Triggers. Use @task to find all your todos, @tagged “ideas” to find your notes that are waiting to blossom, or @files to find all notes with attachments.
BEAR FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
• In-line support for images and photos
• Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
• Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
• Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
• Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
• Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come
• Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes however you like
• One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar
• Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters
• All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate portability
• Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud
• Touchbar support
• Custom app icons to match Pro themes
• Regular updates to keep you and your writing current
Also available from Bear:
Bear Pro - Sync and more
• Sync notes between all your devices
• Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
• Eight gorgeous app themes to get just the right writing environment, with more themes on the way
• Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Bear. Find us online at:
Our forum: http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.2.5
Good news, everyone! We just took Bear out for a mighty successful bug hunt. Bear’s going to sit back and enjoy the meal, while you can enjoy an even smoother, faster, and bug-freer Bear experience. Check out our blog to learn more about Bear and pick up some great tricks: http://www.bear-writer.com/blog/
Best note taking/organization application i’ve ever used.
I began using this application as a freshman in college, being a student in general it helps to have a great way to take and organize notes. That said, being a computer science major and having an application that is friendly with coding is even better! I absolutely enjoy all of the features offered in this app. I would highly recommend to ANYONE who likes to be organized and who needs a clear and great way to take notes. Beautiful design overall, awesome functionality. (so good i felt the need to write a review)
It’s so good!
I cannot say enough about this app. 1, its so simple and clean and elegant and did i say simple? I’m a college student and I appreciate how you can sort out your notes by class by using the hashtags. Also, I love the search option. It is a lifesaver at times when looking for notes. and it’s fast!!! No lag time to open or to scroll or to begin type. *sigh*. To top it all off, the pricing is totally worth it. Just spare the $15 and you won’t regret it. Thanks to the Bear team, the updates are awesome! keep them coming!
Bear Continues to Grow On Me
After three months of intensive use, Bear continues to impress. Lets me write fast and naturally. Formatting tools let me add the visual contrast I need. (They’ve just added a very useful highlight marker format.) Heading levels, bullets, and bold/italics are applied with ease. At at a 2 1/2 day conference, I took about 50 pages of notes, including photos, links, and screen captures from time to time.
In less than a week, I’d invested in Bear Pro. At minimal cost, its synchronizing across all my devices. I use it on iMac, MacBook, iPad, and iPhone. Sync has always been fast and reliable.
What I appreciate more and more are the versatile export options. PDF format works especially well. Bear makes good choices interpreting my writing into a useful form in its exports.
Tagging features make previous notes/articles easy to find. Search works well too. And since it displays on all my devices, Bear has replaced the two binders I used to carry around for notes on everything professional and personal.
Update after over 5 months of use, Bear continues to grow on me. It’s become a go-to app in my toolkit. Formatting is so fluid and easy. Links and images go right in as I take notes or think. Export to Word and PDF makes sharing with others quite easy. The additional feature I want—everyone has at least one—is collapsible outline headings. But these developers keep improving the base design. I’m happy to send them an annual subscription fee; the better that they can add more cool things to Bear in the months and years to come.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 30, 2017
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
- © 2016 Shiny Frog di Matteo Rattotti e C. S.N.C.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro$1.49
- Bear Pro$14.99