The purpose of this mobile app is to automate law enforcement reporting.
Commonly peace officers will gather report information by copying info from a driver’s license or identification card by hand into a paper notebook. Later this information is transcribed onto paper forms in pencil. Similarly the narrative portion is most often hand written. Some information is repeated on each page. This is common for both crime reports and traffic accident reports.
The app is designed to gather the information electronically and port the information onto a PDF:
- Driver’s licenses are scanned using the camera to read the 417 bar code on the back of the license or identification card.
- Other information is entered including the File Number, Date, Incident number, phone numbers, etc.
- The narrative portion of the app allows the officer to verbally dictate or type the information.
- The app collects the information and routes the info to a server.
- The server fills the appropriate fields on the PDF template and sends a fillable PDF to the officers E-mail account. Repetitive fields are automatically completed across multiple pages.
The generated PDF form remains editable after export.
The combination of bar code scanning, verbal dictation narrative entry, and smart fields on the PDF make for a powerful time saver.
E-mail validation and general enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
How to use with my agency
Hey guys great app. How can I use with my agency in Vermont.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.