By Primitive Digital Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Beat-Machine is a powerful retro themed drum computer for iOS. It combines a simple X0X style sequencer with a robust and flexible sampler to give you maximum control over your beats.
Latency can be reduced on the settings page
- Sound sampler with reverse, sample trim, interpolation, ADSR and filter
- 16 Levels mode for pitching samples to create melodies
- Full mixer with volume, pan and 2 FX sends per pad (Delay, Reverb)
- Mute grid for programming samples to mute other samples
- Import any 16/24 bit WAV via iTunes file sharing
- AudioCopy / Paste
- Create custom kits and save them
- 16 step multi touch pattern sequencer
- Adjustable pitch and velocity per step
- Create and save custom patterns
- Export patterns to .wav
- Create patterns in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/8 or 7/8 time signature
- Impress your friends by making the fattest beats
- Up to 99 measures per pattern
- Beat quantize adjustment slider
- Adjustable latency and sample rate
- Background audio
- MIDI IN, MIDI OUT supported through CoreMIDI accessories and WiFi
- Virtual Midi
- Midi Clock Sync
- Assignable Midi Channels
- Assignable Note Numbers
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Example drum kits and patterns are included to get you started!
iPhone 4s+, iPod touch 5, iPad 2+ required for best performance, especially with other audio apps.
Stay tuned for:
- Song mode
- Sample record
- UI Enhancements
- Head on over to our Facebook page to suggest any features you would like to see in the next version
- If you are experiencing any issues with Beat-Machine, you can also ask questions and receive support on our Facebook page
What's New in Version 1.2.7
-delay time bugfix
-new pattern bugix
Solid drum machine with a few flaws
This is pretty solid drum machine that offers good compatability options (AudioBus, Copy/Paste) and a nice variety of sounds. It has 10 kits right out of the box, and about 7 of them are acoustic kits that you could use for rock. It also has a reasonable file size of only 25 MB, and is very reasonably priced for that content. The only complaint I have, and the thing that holds me back from using it more, is that it seems to run slowly and take awhile to load the kits. There's also some latency when using the pads, though you could bypass this by programming a pattern. I give it 4 stars for now because the value and options really are great, but if it doesn't run well enough to get the timing right, that's a problem for rhythm-based app.
A great and easy to use beat box!
Still the best beat box in the App Store.
This is rapidly becoming the best drum machine in the app store! The first update is already headed in the right direction. I cant wait for copy/paste. I just loaded a large chunk of my sample library into this and am having a blast! Recommended highly!
Rocks on 5s!
First download kits were there then disappeared. Uninstall and reinstall fixed the problem. One of the better drum machines. Killer for the price.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 23, 2013
- Version: 1.2.7
- Size: 26.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Derek Mesecar
- © 2012 Primitive Digital Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.