By Beats Music, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Beats Music is a new kind of streaming service that combines the best music experts and technology to always deliver you the right music at the right time. All you have to do is hit play.
Access over 20 million songs, from every genre. Listen instantly or save to your device to listen to offline.
When you’re not sure what to play, lean on us. Here are just a few features that’ll make it easy for you:
JUST FOR YOU
Your first stop for music that’s right for you. A mix of albums and playlists that have been handpicked by our music experts are always ready and waiting just for you.
Make your mix. Change the sentence up to match how you’re feeling or what you’re doing and who you’re with.
Discover what’s happening in the world of music. Quick access to what’s worth checking out, even if it’s not on your radar.
When you’re not quite sure what to listen to, reach for the perfect playlist here. Choose a genre, activity, or curator and we’ll do the rest.
Get a following by sharing your favorite tracks, albums and playlists with your friends on Beats Music, Facebook and Twitter.
There’s tons more waiting for you. Just open the app and hit play.
Beats Music is a subscription service for $9.99 a month - only available in the US. Download to start your trial. It’s on the house!
What's New in Version 1.0.6
Bug fixes and performance improvements
LOVE IT, needs some improvements please!
Things I LOVE about this app:
- you can heart, add to playlist, add to library from almost anywhere
- names are links so you can keep finding new artists and songs you love and forgot about
Things this app desperately NEEDS:
- option to also MOVE songs to another playlist, not just copy, when needed
- shuffle selected playlists together, and see all songs from all playlists in one list
- move multiple songs to another playlist at once
- be able to heart multiple songs at once, or heart all songs in a playlist at once - and see which ones have hearts at a glance without having to click the plus sign on each one
- adding duplicates to playlist warning
- playlist song sort options, i.e. by artist, date added
- add all or multiple songs selected from an an album to a playlist at once
- view all liked songs in a separate list, separatable by genre
- more songs! for this to be a replacement to my music listening needs I need ALL the artists' songs, not just some of the songs from an album, or some of their albums (so I might not even know more of their music exists), or be able to see songs on a list but they're grayed out so I can't even listen to them
Where's Dr. Dre When You Need Him?
After two months of subscribing I finally had enough. The app and it's many features were great but there were way too many glitches, bugs, crashes, & freezes.
The app only worked at its best when my devices were connected to wi-fi, and even then there were still issues with playback. Without a wi-fi connection songs would take forever to play. When I would switch to offline mode my playlist would be all messed up, if I pressed play on a certain song it would never play the right track, either most tracks would be duplicated or some tracks would be missing altogether.
I finally got so frustrated that I canceled my subscription and returned to my previous streaming service which is a shame because I really loved the app's layout, the Just For You home page, the social media aspect, the ability to follow your favorite artists, and especially The Sentence feature.
Hopefully in the future when these issues are mended and a tailor-made version for the iPad are created I'll re-subscribe, but until then #INeedADoctor.
It's no MOG...
I do like some of the features such as following other users and artists. I do not like listening to an album while driving and after the album ends the music just stops! I can't search for more music to play while driving, and there is no way to set up a queue to play instead of having to save a playlist. I enjoyed the artist radio in MOG as well as being able to search songs and queue them next or at the end of a playlist. The music just stopping is unacceptable. I also much preferred the simple interface of MOG. Beats is way too cluttered with a bunch of crap I'm not interested in. It's just way too gimmicky, and not very functional. I probably won't subscribe after my 90 day trial is over unless some or most of these issues are addressed. This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to review any of the hundreds of apps I have downloaded. I hate if had to be so... Truthful? Please listen to your faithful MOG subscribers or lose a very large customer base.