"BeatScanner can be used to detect possible irregularity in heart rhythm."
Prof. Lauri Toivonen
"BeatScanner is a very handy tool."
Prof. Mikko Syvänne
Medical Director, Finnish Heart Association
BeatScanner utilizes the built-in accelerometer and gyroscope sensors in your phone to detect tiny vibrations. This data is automatically analysed by our powerful cloud-based analysis software, which calculates a score based on the degree of variability in the detected rhythm.
If you want to find out whether any kind of continuous rhythm is regular or irregular, BeatScanner is the app for you. Examples of useful application areas include heart rhythms of
humans and animals, and the analysis of motors and machinery.
How it works
BeatScanner utilizes the extremely sensitive built-in accelerometer and gyroscope sensors in your phone or pad to accurately detect tiny vibrations. The data is automatically analysed by our powerful cloud-based analysis software, which calculates a score based on the degree of variability in the detected rhythm.
The score calculated by our analysis software tells you the amount of variation in the rhythm. The less irregular the rhythm, the lower the score. Green color indicates a low level of irregularity, yellow indicates a somewhat irregular rhythm and red indicates an irregular rhythm.
Need powerful analytics for your OEM solution for analysing any type of ECG or heart rate data? Visit beatscanner.com/OEM for more information.
Tips for a successful measurement
- Lie back for example in a chair or on a bed. Place the phone or pad on the upper chest region where it rests mostly on bone. When the device is placed on bone the vibrations will be detected more accurately by the app.
- Try to place the device so that it will remain steady during the measurement.
- Be careful not to drop the device. We recommend using a non-slippery cover that covers the back side of the device to prevent slipping.
- Try to move as little as possible during the measurement.
- Avoid talking during the measurement.
Ratings and Reviews
A server error occurred...
Analysis stopped working after a couple of months. Says to check back later but still not working. Says to let us know if the problem persists but there is no mechanism to report problems.
- SuperECG Ou
- 12.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 SuperECG Ou
- In-App Purchases
- Analysis service access $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.