Beatwave lets you make amazing music simply by tapping. Create songs anywhere, anytime on your iPhone or iPad. No musical skills required!
Using the Beatwave grid melodies and beats can be constructed easily and quickly.
Whether you're new to music or are a pro Beatwave lets you explore sounds and create new and interesting tracks.
- Hundreds of instruments: Beatwave includes 20 great instruments with over 200 available via download from the Beatwave store.
- Built in effects: Includes 12 audio effects for endless sound variations.
- Always in key: With the Beatwave grid there are no wrong notes.
- Record and share: Share your creations to the world via Twitter, Facebook, Email or Soundcloud.
- Multiple layers: Layer up to four instruments at once to create a complex sound.
- Tweak sounds: Finely tune instruments to create your own signature sound.
- Designed for iOS8: Created exclusively for iOS8 Beatwave looks stunning on your device.
- Ringtone creation: Easily save you tracks as ringtones for your iPhone.
- Audiobus 2 support.
- Universal download for iPhone and iPad.
Watch the video to find out what it's all about: http://appcnct.me/s7
Any issues or suggestions please contact us at email@example.com or @beatwaveapp on Twitter.
Fixes issue with drums not always being saved in the instrument editor.
Ratings and Reviews
Great introduction to music making
This app offers both the simplicity to allow those without any music theory knowledge or experience to jump right in and make music that sounds good. The interface is intuitive, though the individual squares can be difficult to pinpoint if your fingers are as far as mine. Even better, there are also enough tools to allow someone with more music experience to craft music as they wish, with a variety of scales, instruments and presets to play with.
While this isn't going to help you compose a symphony (or anything longer than four measures), it's plenty to make some satisfying tunes.
Pro tip: hold down over the grid itself to copy/paste the contents into other grids. This is invaluable in building loops.
Incredible, and Innovative.
I've had this little app for about 2 years now. It started off as just a fun little thing for me to download, because I am a musician and I love any and everything musical. So a music making app interested me. I never knew how fun it would be though. Something always keeps me coming back to it to create new sounds and tweak with old ones. I have the pro version and it is excellent! Sooooo much options to choose from for you to really make something that is uniquely yours. Sounds, effects, pitches, scales, tempos, etc. Highly recommend it! And please developers, keep updating the app and making improvements! 👍
This app is very simple at first, but when you get into the nitty-gritty, it is a very in-depth music making medium. A gorgeous interface paired with seemingly countless well-designed preset sounds creates a pleasant experience for those who want to make quick jingles or who want to create full works of music (although I can't recommend the pro version enough). A few cons: the Instagram cover art source feature appears to be broken, as does the ringtone creator. Also I haven't quite figured out how to create a new sound based off a preset instrument, but I'll get there. 5 stars.
- David Fumberger
- 129.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © collect3
- In-App Purchases
- Beatwave Pro 2 $9.99
- Drums $1.99
- Record Audio $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.