The Beck app just reached a whole notha level.
You can now hail a Beck on the street and pay within the app. Only from Beck for you Toronto.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Hail your Beck on the street
2. Select ‘In a Beck’ in the app
3. Choose your card on file
4. Scan the QR code from the driver
5. Sit back and enjoy your ride!
But there’s more! The features don't stop there. The oldies but goodies are here and improved:
• Activate the Beck Signal when you're hailing a Beck and be found faster by our drivers. Try it out and share your experience with us.
• Add your credit card and use BeckPay to pay in the app
• Send a parcel to anywhere in the city
• Rate your experience each time, and let us know how we did. We take your feedback and reviews very seriously and are constantly working hard to improve our customer service.
Download the Beck app today.
• New Feature: Ability to edit your name and email from the Profile Screen
• Under the hood optimizations and various bug-fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Mishandles in-app payments
This app embodies all the reasons why people prefer Uber. For more than a year this app fails to handle in-app payments correctly. Mishandling a client's payment information is a mortal sin as far as I am concerned. I love Beck and have been using them for many many years, but they keep failing to realize that having a bad app is worse than not having an app at all. Much worse.
I have their app another shot after years of avoiding it, and I regret it. The cab arrived, but once I reached my destination, it failed to prompt for payment. I had one option: cancel ride, which wasn't working. Also setting up a Paypal payment methid is supposed to set up a billing agreement with Beck and it never did. The payment method registration is broken.
If you have to order a cab with an app, stick to Uber. If you like Beck, call them and don't bother with this app.
Barely better than not using the app
The people who made this app should try using Uber one time, and then comparing how that feels to using the Beck app.
I don't like Uber, but they know how to make ordering a ride easy and painless.
I booked a trip with Beck tonight. I wrestled with the map for awhile to make my location reflect reality. Immediately I got a phone call saying, "You booked a taxi, but you specified a range of addresses?"
"Umm… that's just what the app did."
"What's your address?"
(…lengthy conversation ensues about where I might be, because I'm at a bar and I don't know the street address)
Later, the ride concludes. I should be able to just get out, because I've setup auto-pay. But instead the driver scrounges for some mysterious piece of paper and pen for a minute, then writes something down at length, and then, finally, enters the amount to charge. I wait some more and think about just paying in cash. Finally the payment goes through.
It's nice you made an app, but it would be even nicer if it actually made ordering a taxi more convenient, not less…
Helped me a lot while I was in Toronto! A taxi usually comes within minutes of ordering!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.