Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Manage your finances in the palm of your hand: BECU’s app is designed to bring budgeting to your phone. Use the unique features to view not only your BECU accounts but also your credit cards, bank accounts and loans held elsewhere. The colorful, friendly design helps you track spending, review outstanding balances and expenses. The updated app also allows easy everyday banking. From transferring funds to locating ATMs and the ever popular mobile check deposit feature, it’s your money, simplified.
BECU App Features and Benefits:
• Combine and view your BECU and non-BECU financial accounts in one place
• Budget based on your spending, income, debt and expense history
• Locate the nearest BECU, ATM or shared branching partner credit union
• Transfer funds
• Deposit checks
• View accounts
• Pay bills and view payees
• Review Alerts
• Updated design and expansive user experience
What's New in Version 7.18.7
Bug Fix for Terms and Conditions
New Launchpad - This redesign provides more information for users before logging into the app, as well as the same styling as once users have logged into the app.
New Help & Legal Section - This section provides users with Terms and Conditions and help, both before and after login.
Mass Transaction Recategorization - Now you can change the category on multiple transactions from the same payee at the same time.
90 Day Average Spend Line - The average spend line now averages the last 90 days of spending, in order to give users an understanding of recent trends.
Merchant History Button - With a single tap you can see every transactions you’ve made with a specific payee.
Add Manual Accounts and Transactions - Users can now add things like their home or car as property, to gain an accurate understanding of their Net Worth.
New Manage and Recalculate Budgets Flow - Users can now simply have their budgets recalculated, to see how their spending has changed.
Mark Account as Duplicate - In case an outside account gets added twice, users can mark an account as duplicate, to keep the information from both accounts, but only view it once.
Net Worth - A current feature available in Online Banking is now available in the app.
Sync Bar - This provides users with improved messaging to understand what’s happening in the app.
Average Spend Line - An average spending line has been added to help you understand your spending as you create or modify budgets.
Improved Account and transaction details - sizing and spacing changes have been made in order to maximize space in the app.
Transactions Search Summation - when searching for a transaction see how many results match the results, along with the total dollars the search represents.
New version is terrible, bordering on unusable
Someone at BECU apparently decided that the new Money Manager feature is all that matters. Fundamental features link on-line check are no longer important as long as BECU users can see there spending and account totals in fancy graphics.
Major failures of new app:
1) difficult to find the features amongst the fancy graphics
2) account names and balances are now squished into tiny unreadable boxes
3) no home or menu button. If you go down multiple levels into the app ( eg on-line check deposit) you have to back arrow back to the home screen
4) on-line check deposit is horrible. The app now takes the photo for you, when it feels like it, whether the camera is aligned with the check or not or in focus or not. If you have the check sitting on a light-colored background, it simply won't take the photo at all. Shockingly bad app implementation. There's no way this was tested by any customers.
4) on-line deposits have no feedback of success. They used to appear immediately in the account transactions. Not any more. And they don't appear I the general list or even inbox. The only way to know if it was accepted is to try to deposit it again and see if you get a on error. Then back arrow up multiple levels to the home screen of useless graphics.
A terrible implementation of an app.
Very Slowly Getting Better
Things are slowly getting better since the user experience changed a while back. The budgeting elements have been made less dominant in the UI, so the app is creeping its way back to once again focusing on mobile banking.
It would be nice, however, if development time would be spent on resolving some of the basic flaws in this software. The new feature that allows a consolidated view of multiple financial accounts is interesting, but I would much rather have seen the addition of a fundamental feature like displaying available balance for credit lines. BECU seems to be the only banking app that can't figure this out.
Works well! I haven't personally had any problems with this app and it's nice to be able to easily check my account + deposit checks + transfer money etc I have friends with other banks and I have had accounts with other banks in the past and they either didn't have apps at all or the apps didn't work / had no features. Overall I like it!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Dec 09, 2016
- Version: 7.18.7
- Size: 99.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BECU
- Copyright © 2013 BECU. All Rights Reserved. Federally Insured by NCUA.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.