Manage your finances in the palm of your hand: BECU’s app is designed to bring budgeting to your phone. Use the unique features to view not only your BECU accounts but also your credit cards, bank accounts and loans held elsewhere. The colorful, friendly design helps you track spending, review outstanding balances and expenses. The updated app also allows easy everyday banking. From transferring funds to locating ATMs and the ever popular mobile check deposit feature, it’s your money, simplified.
BECU App Features and Benefits:
• Combine and view your BECU and non-BECU financial accounts in one place
• Budget based on your spending, income, debt and expense history
• Locate the nearest BECU, ATM or shared branching partner credit union
• Transfer funds
• Deposit checks
• View accounts
• Pay bills and view payees
• Review Alerts
• Updated design and expansive user experience
- New payment feature - With Zelle, it’s easier to send – and receive – money. Send money to almost anyone with a bank account in the U.S. Money moves directly from your account to theirs.
- New security feature - Multifactor Authentication (MFA) will sometimes ask you to enter a code sent via text message or answer security questions to help confirm your identity before logging in.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to decline an incoming Zelle Request
- Fixed an issue where users were seeing a generic error after entering an incorrect one-time code while sending a payment with Zelle.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but needs more features
Honestly this app has more and more become an indispensable way for me to smartly manage my money month by month, something that is exceptionally difficult as life happens. That being said, I have found so much good and bad over the years with using this app. The bad nowadays, since my last review over on Google’s Play Store, has been a few things that I’ll go in to depth on here:
First the good; The app exists, you can set budgets, you can see your net worth, you can transfer money, see past transactions, you can organize said transactions into special expense categories, and you can see the different balances across all accounts.
Next the bad: cannot create saving’s goals, cannot denote set amounts as certain types of transactions, and cannot easily link debit cards to Apple Pay.
As you can see this list of “bad” is negligible. In the grand scheme it is kind of useless.
To be honest the feature I want to give the most praise too right now if the budgeting and net worth tools. I’ll be doing a bit of work to ensure it’s as I believe but it’s definitely sounding like a good set of features if metrics can be a motivating factor in your life and a moderate sense of achievement. I know I know, my life is sad. Anyway, I intend to see how they influence me this next month and what happens. Wish me luck and I hope this review helps someone with BECU as their bank decide on if this mobile app is right for them.
Fanatic despite one annoying bug
Removing one star from an otherwise great experience for the pesky yellow banner at the bottom of the screen that tells me "You have challenge questions. Tap to view. Hide"
When I attempt to select "tap to view", or the far left of the banner away from the "hide" it only directs me to the top of the Accounts screen, even if I'm already there, and does not SHOW me the challenge questions after I taped to VIEW them.
1. Direct me to the challenge questions in question. Take me right there to view them, just like the banner says.
2. Direct me to a special filtered view of accounts to draw attention to ONLY the accounts that need attention. Push the accounts that need attention to the top.
3. Change the language to be more direct: "Some of your accounts have challenge questions. Go to your accounts." For example. This way you're not setting up an expectation to be broken.
4. A space in the app dedicated to situations that "needs attention" so I can stay on top of situations and feel good when that space is gone or clear. This doesn't have to be a hard space in the menu, it can be present only when I have issues, like the banner, only it takes me to a feed of situations that need my attention.
Not complete info
Downgraded the rating to one star because mobile deposit now does not read the amount on the check properly. Keep getting an error that states “the amount you entered does not match the amount on the check”. Despite the amount being correct, I tried to re-type the amount again, but it would not accept. Without mobile deposit functioning, this app is worthless.
The BECU app is ok. You can do basic functions such as transfer money or deposit checks which is the reason I’m giving this 2 stars instead of one. However, not all activity accurately shows on this app - for example some bill payments made from the BECU account to an outside entity don’t ever show up. This does not appear to be a timing issue as even a week or more after the payment was cleared it still does not show in the BECU app. For complete information about your accounts I recommend using BECU online banking, not this app.
- 195.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2013 BECU. All Rights Reserved. Federally Insured by NCUA.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.