By Niamh Lynam
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***Featured by Apple as New & Noteworthy in the Educational, Kids Games & Educational Games categories***
Enter the safety conscious world of Busy Bee and help him to get the children home safely. Bee Safe is an interactive workbook that provides a great educational experience for children making learning about road safety fun and engaging! Bee Safe offers bright colourful illustration, music, sound effects and the cutest voice-over ever. It delivers an immersive interactive experience utilising the core accelerometer functionality of iOS devices.
- Tilt your iPhone or iPad from side to side to fly Busy Bee around the screen.
- Decide from the illustrations whether the scene is safe or not.
- Tap the little girl to hear her advice.
- Fly Busy Bee into the red bubble if the scene is safe or into the green bubble if its not.
- Learn to have more control over the movement of Busy Bee as hand-eye co-ordination improves.
- Improve your score by making quicker decisions each time.
Bee Safe is designed for 5-8 year old children and the content of the app is based on a book from the Primary School Curriculum.
I like this app for my IDD clients but have recently purchased an iPadPro. The app downloaded but the little girl has shrunk and looks ridiculous on the screen; also, the yes/no circles have also shrunk making it very difficult for my clients to get the bee into the appropriate circle. What can be done to correct this?
great info, ok app
this is the only app i've seen so far that deals w/ safety. touch motion for controling the bee would be better than tilting & having an option of having the child guess if the situation is safe vs it telling them would be good too. i'd give this 3 1/2 * now but would increase it to 5* if those changes were made.
Great information but difficult to use for toddlers. Would suggest to use finger motion instead of iPad motion.