BeejiveIM for iPad
By Beejive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** ON SALE **
BeejiveIM is now available for the iPad! Get it now!
BeejiveIM for iPhone was widely recognized as the top mobile instant messenger for the iPhone/iPad Touch - selected as one of the best apps in iTunes Rewind 2009. See what reviewers are saying about BeejiveIM.
"With support for just about every major IM protocol we ever find ourselves using alongside things like voice/image transfers, Beejive was already our IM client of choice... Background notifications really just sealed the deal, and anything else they’ve added was just frosting on the already delicious cake."
"Overall, after testing various IM apps, Beejive is by far my favorite. The interface is slick and beautiful."
"BeejiveIM is an incredibly full-featured IM client, boasting capabilities that almost put it on par with desktop IM clients."
"Beejive IM is one of those mobile multi-network chat clients that's a joy to use--it's fast, graphically rich, and just works."
"BeejiveIM is a feature rich, multiprotocol instant messaging client that blows the pants off any other chat program offered in the App Store."
Now, the intuitive interface and reliable service of BeejiveIM is available on your iPad, in an application customized for the iPad form factor!
Stay connected to all your instant messaging buddies on your iPad through a single intuitive app! BeejiveIM (pronounced \bē-hīv\ IM) keeps you in touch with your friends on AIM®/MobileMe®, MSN®/Windows Live®, Yahoo!®, GoogleTalk®, Facebook, MySpace, and Jabber... all at the same time, all on your iPad.
Beejive's reliable and efficient networking has been tested and proven on multiple platforms. Now it is available for the iPad. Move from 3G (if available) and wifi connections seamlessly. Stay connected after you close the application and be notified when you get a new message through push notifications. After being out of coverage BeejiveIM automatically reconnects and picks up where you left off.
BeejiveIM uses your iPad's data plan (if available) or wifi connection, so there are no per message charges.
BeejiveIM Key Features:
- Reliable and efficient networking: be connected 24/7, and it's gentle on your battery.
- Be connected even after you close the application. Get notified instantly when you get a new message with Push Notifications.
- Works with multiple IM networks, multiple accounts per network: AIM®/iChat, MSN®, Yahoo!®, GoogleTalk®, Facebook Chatic, Jabber, and MySpace IM.
- Send and receive files, including pictures and voice notes. View and forward received documents.
- Desktop-like instant messaging with all of your IM buddies from a single intuitive user interface.
- Real-time chats: quick switch between multiple simultaneous chats.
- Group chats: chat with multiple buddies on AIM, Yahoo, GTalk, or MSN.
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language supported by your iPhone.
- Chat in any orientation. Compatible with external keyboards.
- Chat history: Email chat logs to save chat history.
- Hyperlink support, automatically parses links for web pages, YouTube videos, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Emoticons support.
- SMS out, chat with your SMS buddies through AIM or Yahoo SMS out. SMS out is fully integrated with your iPad address book.
Account & Buddy Features:
- Manage your buddy-list, including add/remove, nicknames, groups, block, approve/deny requests.
- Merge multiple IM buddies for the same contact under a single buddy list entry with meta contacts.
- Sort/group/search your buddy list.
- Control your own availability, set auto-away and custom status messages, be invisible, change privacy controls.
- Configurable alerts, customizable sound settings.
- Buddy icon support, view your friends' icons, set your own.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
- Facebook connect bug fix
Is Beejive Dead?
It's closing in on a year without an update and there is a glaring bug in Beejive that causes the iPad to reset. Sometimes when you switch to the app, it takes the focus, briefly appears and then the screen goes black. This can be fixed by either switching to another app and coming back to Beejive or restarting Beejive. Sometimes though, the iPad goes to the Apple screen, like it has rebooted...I assume Beejive has cored.
This really needs to be fixed. I would love to recommend this app, because when it works it works well, but this bug has become too much of a nuisance and that lack of any update since last year makes me wonder if Beejive is even in active development anymore.
I have a feeling I will be hunting up a new app soon to replace this one. Maybe IM+ has improved...
Losing faith in this product
I've been a huge fan of Beejive for years, especially when Beejive was the only product that allowed persistent server connection even when the app was closed or you lost connectivity. However, since iOS5, Beejive has been a huge disappointment. The status is often incorrect, showing that I am online but missing messages sent to me. The app crashes FREQUENTLY, or simply hangs. The same behavior on the iPhone and the iPad.
Need to fix it ASAP or I am looking for a different IM client. It's not a cheap app in the ecosystem so it should work more consistently.
fair but not working properly
pretty buggy for an app that cost money.
buy jira mobileconnect guys and get user feedback and do some debugging.
and....for private jabber rooms, autoconnect simply doesn't work after a few minimize/maximize operations.
why can't i hide joins AND leaves for rooms in jabber?
i have never heard of a reason to hide disconnects but not joins too.....weird.
very little consistency in interface between this one and the blackberry one, and links to topics the help site from the menus (context-sensitive help) is what is expected.
also, take advantage of screen real estate on the ipad.
still doesn't work for me and i own it for ipad and blackberry.
autojoin for persistent rooms in jabber only work without passwords. with passwords you get a 401 error with no passing of the password or ability to re-enter it. have to delete and readd the room. not cool. submitted logs and not sure where they go there is no notification that anyone sees them.
did i mention that this app is expensive?