By Definition LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Beer Citizen is an advanced tool for true beer fans to discover, review, and share the brews you drink from around the world! Our review system allows you to identify and quantify the intensity of individual traits observed in a particular beer. As more citizens review a beer, review data is used to build an aggregated beer profile. Now, instead of relying on 5-star ratings or reading page after page of written reviews, you can quickly see in great detail what the entire community thinks a beer is like, and decide if it suits your personal tastes before you buy it.
* Beer profiles let you easily see what all your fellow citizens think a beer is like
* Discover similar beers with suggestions based on review data
* Establish a record of every beer you drink and review
* Take and upload pictures of the beers you try and the breweries you visit
* Check in at your current location when reviewing a beer
* Add tasting notes and an overall rating with your reviews
* Revise or add to your review data for a beer at any time
* Add your home brewery and have friends review your beers
* See activity near your location
* Share beers, breweries, or your profile on Facebook and Twitter
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BeerCitizen
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BeerCitizen
Remember, drink respectably and drink responsibly.
What's New in Version 1.5
* Review sorting
* Delete photos you've uploaded
* Performance improvements
* SSL support
Just installed this app. Was looking for a good logging app so I could track the beers I drink and where I drank them. I logged two beers which were in the database. Good. Does not have active search but found them after page load with server. Rating experience was beer lover oriented, full, and took some time. Logging location required that I enable background access all the time not just while I use the app. This is my second beer app review. Strike two on usability. May need to write my own.
Internet connection required very lame
Online, it's okay. One big, big flaw: I find it lame that I can't use Beer Citizen offline at all.
If I want to journal my craft beer adventures, I'll have to find a different way. Currently, I'd have to remember / write out what I drank and wait til I get home to fill it out. Not gonna happen. I want to discuss the flavors of beer on location. I'll get a paper notebook.
I don't own a 3G/4G connected iPad because they are expensive. I'd rather spend the monthly fees on beer.
Great beer tracker
I wanted an app to keep track of the micro beers I've tried and this one works great. You can share with others too but I use it to keep a record of my experiences- only need an email to sign up unlike the others I tried that want a FB or twitter account