* Helping you be a better brewer.
We've all been there. Starting out with a pen, paper and calculator. Maybe you've downloaded a spreadsheet that you use. Wouldn't it be better to have an app that does all that and keeps all your recipes in one place, neatly organized? An app so you can take your recipes anywhere? An app that synchronizes with your Mac and other iDevices?
BeerAlchemy Touch is that app.
It's not just for recipes though, it keeps track of your ingredients and orders and can even suggest which of your recipes you could brew today.
* Makes Recipe Creation Easy
BeerAlchemy Touch supports extract and all grain brewing (using fly, batch and BIAB sparge methods). Brews are organized as batches under their parent recipe and can then be further arranged into folders.
* Extensive Ingredients Database
BeerAlchemy Touch's extensive built databases of ingredients from around the world means you have the building blocks you need to design great recipes.
* Inventory Management
Keep on top of your supplies with BeerAlchemy Touch's inventory. Thoroughly integrated into the app, BeerAlchemy Touch can fit your brews to the ingredients you have in your inventory (for example by adjusting bittering hop additions to reflect the alphas of hops you have).
* Plays Well With Others
BeerAlchemy Touch can import and export Promash and BeerXML files using its built in web server. This works with any PC not just a Mac.
Use metric or imperial units freely within the app and BeerAlchemy Touch will automatically convert the value to your chosen unit system.
BeerAlchemy Touch can sync by Wi-Fi with Macs and also with your other iDevices (requires BeerAlchemy for Mac 2.0 or later on the Mac and BeerAlchemy Touch 2.0 or later on the iDevices).
* Go Shopping
Create orders for missing ingredients on your Mac with BeerAlchemy for Mac and sync the shopping lists to your iOS device to take with you to the store. Mark as delivered and the ingredients get added automatically to the inventory.
* What's new in BeerAlchemy Touch 2?
BeerAlchemy Touch 2 adds these features and more:
- Optimized for better performance and scalability.
- Support for Brew in a Bag.
- Images can be attached to recipes and batches.
- Whirlpool and steep hop IBU contribution can now be accounted for.
- Multiple yeasts may now be used in recipes.
- Waters can now be added and edited.
- Recipes can now use any water profile as the base water so different recipes can have different base waters.
- New Orders system integrated into inventory.
- Support for ingredients prices in inventory and when creating batches from recipes.
- Salt additions are now per recipe not per gallon/litre.
- Support for Wi-FI sync with other iDevices.
- Now a universal application.
- Improved iPhone X compatibility
- BeerXML compatibility improvements.
- 2015 beer style corrections.
- other fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best brewing app on iOS
I’ve used several different brewing apps over the years and this one is by far the best user experience.
- Strong native iOS look and feel not like someone ported a crappy web app
- Intuitive recipe and batch creation
- Easy inline editing controls and good component design
- Does play somewhat nice with the desktop version, enough that I feel confident it has properly backed up my recipes
- Awesome brew day instruction
While it does everything I need of it, a few things would really put it over the top:
- Needs iCloud support instead of their clunky manual sync.
- Doesn’t have built in timers as far as I could tell but I prefer to have Siri set mine on the device since nothing ever really goes as planned 😝
- If I’m building a recipe I have to back all the way out and go to the ingredients library to add a new ingredient not known to the app. I should be able to do that from within the list of available ingredients anywhere in the app that list appears.
- Could also use a better sharing mechanism so I could nicely send a recipe over iMessage
All-in-all this app to me is well worth the $10 I paid and I hope to see more improvements (if you need help I am an iOS developer and avid homebrewer!)
Needs some common features, very rough
This app looks like it will be helpful for brewing, which is what I need. Simple, basic things are missing.
If I hit "Actions", why do I have to choose from the menu when I could have hit actions just trying to see what is in the menu?
Why isn't there a "share" button on my recipe?
If I tap the top of a list, why doesn't it go to the top of the list?
It seems like there should be a timer, no?
Syncing could really benefit from documentation, as-is I had to do some guessing to figure out how to sync. It's easy once you figure it out, but it seems like it should be easier.
I'm going to play with this more, but the Mac app was clearly better thought out.
Don't use this if you don't also have the desktop app to sync with, it may erode your will to live if you have to do all of your editing in this app.
Great app but ......
I would love some sort of tech support. And a way to send recipes back and forth without having to sync to another device.. Maybe a way to email or even text to brewing partners. Maybe even setting up your own network between brewing partners otherwise I find it to be spot on
- Kent Place Software Limited
- 12.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Kent Place Software Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.