BeerSmith Mobile Home Brewing
By BeerSmith LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want to create great beer recipes on the go? BeerSmith 2, the world's top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone/iPad. BeerSmith Mobile gives you all the tools to design, edit and brew your best beer from your phone or tablet. BeerSmith mobile is tightly integrated with our recipe cloud service and desktop BeerSmith program making it easy to create recipes from your desktop computer or phone and share them transparently. Save a recipe on your desktop cloud folder and open it on your phone. In addition our BeerSmithRecipes search function puts thousands of new recipes at your fingertips. An integrated brew day timer with step by step instructions, brewing calculators and tools for converting units rounds out this great app!
The ultimate app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk our the door and edit the recipe from your phone or tablet!
- Ability to fully edit recipe and brew session data
- Editing of ingredients including hops, grains, misc, water, and yeast
- Full edit of profiles including equipment, mash profiles, aging and carbonation
- Functions to scale a recipe by equipment, alter color, original gravity or bitterness
- Ability to save profiles or ingredients from an existing recipe to your phone database
- Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com
- Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
New in this version:
- Initial release
- Full recipe editing including editing of ingredients, equipment, mash schedules, aging and carbonation profiles
- Integration with the BeerSmithRecipes cloud service
What's New in Version 2.2.07
- Corrected IOS status bar overlap issue on all platforms (2.2.07 update)
==Changes in 2.2==
- Added button to mark cloud recipes as private or shared
- New tools: Boil off, dilution, adjust gravity
- New advanced options page under Options
- Command to reset temporary timer/edit data under Options
- Added support for whirlpool hop utilization/IBU calculations
- Corrected OG estimateion for Extracts - now include trub loss in calculations
- Fixed bug where style number was not showing when recipe added to cloud
- Fixed bug where hop quantity edit did not update IBUs in some cases
- Corrected bug in batch sparge volume calculations
- Added support for non-fermentable grains such as maltose
This app is extremely handy and nice for those quick recipe changes, timer for brew day, simple calculations and a whole lot more. Brad Smith did an excellent job with creating such a powerful home-brewing software!
I can say that Brew Smith is hands down the best $10 I've ever spend on an app and one of the best $10 I've put towards my Home-Brewing Adventure!
Thank you Brad Smith and have a Great Brewing Week to EVERYONE!!!
Advanced Brewers: DO NOT BUY!
This app is perfectly fine for designing recipes. But without the advanced features of the desktop version, this app doesn't cut it for advanced brewers. Example: there is no check to ensure your mash water/grain amounts don't exceed your equipment capacity. Another example: there isn't a yeast starter tool!!!! For me, the lack of those two features alone makes this app worthless. I can make a recipe of grains and hops on paper. I need more than predicted OG and IBU values. I need real tools to manage an all grain brew day. Advanced brewers: save your money, use the desktop version.
I don't plan to generate recipes on my iPhone, but it looks like it could be used fairly easily considring the small interface. The main draw for me is that I can generate recipes on my PC version of Beersmith, upload the recipe to Beersmith's cloud service, and then retrieve the recipes on my iPhone so that I can buy the ingredients at the homebrew store.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: May 09, 2014
- Version: 2.2.07
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: BeerSmith LLC
- © BeerSmith LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.