BeerSmith Mobile Home Brewing
By BeerSmith LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want to create great beer recipes on the go? BeerSmith 2, the world's top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone/iPad. BeerSmith Mobile gives you all the tools to design, edit and brew your best beer from your phone or tablet. BeerSmith mobile is tightly integrated with our recipe cloud service and desktop BeerSmith program making it easy to create recipes from your desktop computer or phone and share them transparently. Save a recipe on your desktop cloud folder and open it on your phone. In addition our BeerSmithRecipes search function puts thousands of new recipes at your fingertips. An integrated brew day timer with step by step instructions, brewing calculators and tools for converting units rounds out this great app!
The ultimate app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk our the door and edit the recipe from your phone or tablet!
- New BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guide included
- Ability to fully edit recipe and brew session data
- Editing of ingredients including hops, grains, misc, water, and yeast
- Full edit of profiles including equipment, mash profiles, aging and carbonation
- Functions to scale a recipe by equipment, alter color, original gravity or bitterness
- Ability to save profiles or ingredients from an existing recipe to your phone database
- Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com
- Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
New in this version:
- Initial release
- Full recipe editing including editing of ingredients, equipment, mash schedules, aging and carbonation profiles
- Integration with the BeerSmithRecipes cloud service
What's New in Version 2.2.51
- Added new BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guide
- Revised look/feel
- Corrected error in mash step editing
- Corrected IBU bitterness - now updates in recipe view correctly
- Updated push notifications, better support for IOS 8.x
- Added deletion confirmation box to prevent accidental ingredient/profile deletion
Useful, but could use some updating
This app has been central to my homebrewing career and has resulted in two satisfactory beers and dozens of brand-new ideas and concepts. However, there are many ingredients and new hop varieties that I wish would be added to the database. For example, my most recent recipe used Mandarina Bavaria hops, a newer variety not listed in the app, and others such as Lemondrop and El Dorado that have become popular as of late in microbreweries. Adjunct-wise, I'd like to see hibiscus listed and allow a visual estimate of how much of the red hue is given off. Otherwise, this is a pretty decent app.
No where near the desktop app
I use the desktop app every brew day and bought this app think it would be good to make recipes while away from my desktop. This app has a long way to go to be a companion to my desktop. For example my grain and hop profiles are not in the app. You would have to have transfer all your recipes to the cloud to edit them away from your desktop. Now that may sound petty but I would expect a more streamlined experience where my desktop software's profiles and recipes were linked between this app and my software.
Update killed my timer function
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jun 24, 2015
- Version: 2.2.51
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BeerSmith LLC
- © BeerSmith LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.