BellyBio Interactive Breathing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Put the iPhone on your stomach. Breathe deeply. Enjoy...
FOR ADVANCED BELLY-BREATHERS ONLY.
BellyBio (Belly Biofeedback) is a triple innovation in deep abdominal breathing, biofeedback and music:
1 – DEEP BREATHING GETS ADDICTIVE
BellyBio generates beautiful music & light perfectly synchronized to your deep abdominal breathing movements, making deep breathing more pleasant and rewarding than ever. You're going to love playing with your inner balloon.
2 – BIOFEEDBACK GETS SIMPLE
BellyBio turns your iPhone/iPod Touch into a highly-sensitive deep breathing sensor providing a real-time, objective stress-level index based on your breathing pattern. Biofeedback thus becomes more simple and powerful --not to mention affordable-- than ever, so you can now know for sure who's the coolest dude in the neighborhood.
3 – MUSIC GETS BREATHABLE
The first "Abdominal Music Player", BellyBio introduces a new way to enjoy music where both you and the music shift into harmonious resonance, making you experience music at a deeper and broader level. Is it you who follow the music or the music that follows you? With BellyBio’s unique breathing/music synchronization, you don't listen to music anymore, you merge with it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE -- Practicing BellyBio will require you to:
a) BE ABLE TO NATURALLY BREATHE DEEPLY AND SLOWLY FROM YOUR BELLY, meaning your belly --and not your chest-- must significantly and effortlessly inflate when you inhale and deflate when you exhale. If you can't, you'd probably better not download this app since nothing is more annoying and ineffective than struggling to achieve deep abdominal breathing (and by the way this will perhaps avoid somewhat angry customer ratings... ;-))
b) PROPERLY POSITION THE iPHONE ON YOUR BELLY SO AS TO MAKE IT TILT BACK & FORTH when you breathe deeply in & out from your abdomen (BellyBio measures the increase/decrease of the angle between the iPhone and your body). Reclining in a chair is probably the most suitable body position although lying down on your back can also perfectly work.
WATCH THE IN-APP DEMO to see how it works (www.youtube.com/bellybio).
The app is quite heavy (170 Mo) due to the multiformat music base...
- Several interactive musical themes you can breathe deeply in and out (i.e. have BellyBio play in sync with your deep abdominal breathing)
- One of those themes (“Calmitude pitch”) provides you with a direct audio stress-level feedback through the pitch of the inhaling tone (the lower the stress, the lower the pitch)
- Choice of breathing colors displayed in sync with each in- and out-breath
- Graph showing real-time breathing and stress curves
- Log (date, duration of use, minimum stress, minimum breathrate, Qi production)
- 3D-earth animation showing all BellyBio users on the planet
- Whether you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, the main home button must always be close to your lap, not to your chest.
- Child-proof (successfully tested on 5-year-old with adult assistance)
QUOTES (sort of)
- "All thumbs and navels up!!!" (Buddha, India)
- "BellyBio rests on the belly just like the leaf floats on the sea." (Lao Tzu, China)
- "Bellissimo BellyBio!" (L. Da Vinci, Italy)
- "To breathe or not to breathe? To breathe, period. With BellyBio!" (W. Shakespeare, UK)
- "I play BellyBio, therefore I stop thinking, therefore I am." (R. Descartes, France)
- "So cool!" (I. Newton, UK)
- "Makes me wanna compose a dozen sonatas and concertos for BellyBio! Please give me 10 minutes." (W. A. Mozart, Austria)
- "Even with only one ear, this thing just blew my mind!" (V. Van Gogh, Netherlands)
- "Undoubtedly absolute." (A. Einstein, Germany)
- "Why didn't they call it iBelly?" (S. Jobs, USA)
This application is not meant to substitute for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. Should you feel any pain or discomfort, please stop immediately and consult your physician or health professional.
Great App for Deep Breathing Exercises
I have used quite a few apps for deep breathing/mindfulness/meditation purposes and this one is very good. You place the iPhone on your stomach and as you breath, the music plays along with your breathing pattern. Usually apps are one way in the sense that you either follow the app in breathing or in this case, the app follows you in your breathing rate. It is very close to a biofeedback process.
What would make this app even more unique, is if you can program the app to achieve a specific rate of breathing (such as 3 bpm). You start with a period of it following your breath patterns (say 10 inhales/exhales), once it registers your current breathing pattern (say 5 bpm), it then takes you slowly to a desired breathing pattern (say 3 bpm). I know this is possible because Blood Pressure Reducer works on this principal.
The other thing that would be good for this app is if you can go longer than 8 minutes. It would be nice to be able to set the time for exercise to maybe 10, 15 and 20 minutes. That shouldn't be hard to do since you can just loop the music.
Although its not explicit in the description, the app comes with three free music patterns, and you can buy 4 others @ .99 a piece. Definitely worth it for a free app.
The breath detection works well and the music is very relaxing. When life gets stressful I use it, kind of like a power nap, and feel much more calm and energetic. Some people have said they'd like longer sessions. You know one track is over when it goes back to the ocean sounds, and if you keep going the next one starts - it keeps time without being obtrusive.
I do kind of wish there was an option for just the wave sounds rather than any music because the wave sounds are quite relaxing too.
It's nice that the instructions and help have a sense of humor and it doesn't take itself too seriously.
Yay! I found it again!
This had gone away to where if you typed it into the App Store it wouldn't appear, but it was my absolute fave biofeedback app! I did it at my pain doctors office and the psych. loved it! He couldn't believe it was free after all the equipment we use at my appointments is costly! Anyway, I typed in : "Where did the BellyBio app go?". The first thing listed has a "Free" box to click and here I am! Now obviously everyone here has found it, but i just wanted to make sure you know it may not be easy for anyone who is told about this app to find it.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Released: Feb 20, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 181 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Relaxline
- © 2010 Relaxline
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Brownian Dream$0.99
- Angels Club$0.99