The location-aware audio walking tour of the Atlanta Beltline.
Your personalized guided-tour of the Atlanta BeltLine, lead by locals.
Take a stroll down the BeltLine with historians, artists, botanists, and urban-planners to learn about the history, art, and culture surrounding the Atlanta BeltLine.
- Unique and immersive experience, allowing you journey through local history, culture and art without ever glancing at your phone.
- Using GPS, BeltTour automatically plays audio about each location that you walk past.
- 1.5 mile GPS-guided tour of the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail.
- Easy-to-use map and interface.
- 60+ minutes of beautiful audio.
- Over 40 points of interest.
- Bonus material.
- Voices of many interesting Atlantans.
IMMERSIVE AUDIO FROM AMAZING LOCALS:
- Kyle Brooks (Black Cat Tips)
- Greg Levine (Co-Director, Trees Atlanta)
- David Landis (Sculptor)
- Leslie Zinn (Arden’s Garden, CEO)
- Karen Anderson (Tiny Doors ATL)
- and many more…
The area is dense with history and many buildings have a story. Plus, we peer back into how Ponce de Leon Avenue got its name, the Atlanta Crackers baseball stadiums, the master’s thesis where the beltline idea originated, and much more.
PLANTS AND WILDLIFE
Trees Atlanta shares intimate knowledge about their arboretum which runs along the path.
The Beltline has the one of the largest public art exhibitions in the nation. Hear exclusive audio from artists about their inspiration and process.
We share our favorite shops, eateries and hang-out spots (Note: there are no ads in BeltTour.)
- This app uses GPS in the background (only while in use).
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
-The location-aware audio walking tour of the Atlanta BeltLine.
-Visit belttour.com for more information.
Version 1.6 (9)
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, thoughtful city tour
Jim's [full] BeltTour is worth the price of admission - a fun, educational trip for long-time residents and first-time Beltliners and tourists alike. The app itself works simply and seamlessly. Covering local history, ecology, art, and culture, the app provides thoughtful reflection that makes the Beltline walk a much fuller experience. I hope more chapters come out as the Beltline expands and evolves!
I stumbled across this app from a flyer stapled to a utility pole. I downloaded it, and started an adventure through an area I had walked and rode my bike many times over. Suddenly, the plants, trees, paintings and buildings came to life before me. I loved this adventure and look forward to many more chapters to come.
This app is incredible! It made me feel like I was on a secret tour of the BeltLine. I loved the diversity in subject matter and quality of the audio. I learned a ton about the BeltLine and the history of the area. If you haven't downloaded this app and taken the tour, do so asap. It's worth every penny.
- Jim Danger, LLC
- 65.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Jim Danger, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Tour $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.