Benjamin – Task Manager and Calendar Inspired by Benjamin Franklin for iPhone
By Metakite Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Benjamin lets you to use the time management system you know without the heavy paper planner. With Benjamin, your calendar, tasks, projects, and notes are always at your fingertips. Best of all, Benjamin lets you sync your information between iPhone and iPad so that it's conveniently available whether you're at your desk or on the go.
With Benjamin, you can move tasks from your master task list to your daily tasks, prioritize them using the ABC-123 system, and then get things done. Notes that you take throughout the day can be associated with one or more tasks so you can cross-reference meeting minutes with action items. Use the calendar to schedule meetings, plan your week, and document what you've already done. Let Benjamin help you become more productive!
Benjamin offers a host of features that help you be more productive:
- Drag and drop to prioritize your daily tasks using the ABC-123 system
- Synchronize calendar items with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Outlook.com, and more
- Synchronize tasks, notes, and projects between devices with a monthly subscription that can be cancelled at any time
- Move tasks between your Master Task List and Daily Task Lists as needed
- Group tasks into projects for easier tracking
- Associate daily notes with tasks and projects
- Prioritize future tasks to plan your week
- Browse your history to document what you did on any day
- Email tasks, notes, projects, and calendar items to others from within Benjamin
- Search to find tasks, notes, projects, and calendar items
- Create repeating tasks that repeat on a schedule you choose
- Tap on telephone numbers, email addresses, and websites in notes and comments
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
- Localized into English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), and Arabic
In addition to all the great features above, synchronization is available as an auto-renewing subscription that covers all your devices for the low monthly price of $1.99 USD. With synchronization, all of your tasks, projects, and notes are synchronized between your devices so you always have access to your information, whether you're on your iPhone or your iPad. Synchronizing your data also serves as a convenient backup so you never have to worry about losing access to your information, even if your device is damaged or stolen. With a synchronization subscription, you'll always have the information you need when you need it.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscription in the Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of service: http://metakite.com/benjamin/terms/
For full details and support, visit http://metakite.com
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Benjamin version 3.1.1 is a bug fix release. Changes in this version include:
- Change: iOS 8 compatibility.
- Change: Darkened the color used for today's calendar square to make it more prominent.
- Fix: Fixed some crashing bugs, including one that occurred when emailing an event that has attendees.
If you find Benjamin useful, please consider leaving a review in the App Store. Your reviews really help us out. Thanks.
I really like the digital version of this planner. It's simple and easy to use. And I love the fact that I can synchronize between my iPhone and iPad, and easily edit items in my calendar or day.
I'm also very happy to discover that going paperless with my day planner has actually helped me to be more productive than I was before. :)
Sometimes it has a minor glitch or two and if I could change some things it would be this:
1) add a category for roles and goals; this concept is really the backbone of the "Benjamin" system that many of us know;
2) add a section for NOTES and/or a JOURNAL that are not necessarily attached (ie buried) with a calendar item or a daily task;
3) don't automatically add project tasks to the master task list - but offer the option;
4) add some options for shopping lists, expense tracking, auto mileage, exercise log, etc. - some of the popular add-ons we had with our paper system.
5) maybe add a possible way to back up or archive the calendar somehow.
That's all for now. Thank you for this amazing app!
Finally! A substitute for my Franklin Planner
I was a paper Franklin Covey planner user for years. When I migrated to a digital calendar I had no good substitute for the task list. I looked through the store again and found this one. It had great reviews and it sounded like it was what I was looking for. It was! I now have tasks ranked and scheduled, and a master task list. It shows what I've moved to a new day so I can see which tasks keep getting pushed off and re-evaluate them. Well worth the money.
I have been looking for this for sometime. This rivals the paper version. I have only had it a day so lots to explore and discover. So far I like it.
Already thinking ahead to the archival function that will have to be built into this so this app doesn't hog up the phone memory as it is used more.
Also, wonder what it would be like if this app could be set to open automatically upon opening the device to the to do list or calendar and to do list.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 28, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metakite Software LLC
- © Metakite Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month of Synchronization$1.99