Benjamin – Task Manager and Calendar Inspired by Benjamin Franklin for iPhone
By Metakite Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Benjamin lets you to use the time management system you know without the heavy paper planner. With Benjamin, your calendar, tasks, projects, and notes are always at your fingertips. Best of all, Benjamin lets you sync your information between iPhone and iPad so that it's conveniently available whether you're at your desk or on the go.
With Benjamin, you can move tasks from your master task list to your daily tasks, prioritize them using the ABC-123 system, and then get things done. Notes that you take throughout the day can be associated with one or more tasks so you can cross-reference meeting minutes with action items. Use the calendar to schedule meetings, plan your week, and document what you've already done. Let Benjamin help you become more productive!
Benjamin offers a host of features that help you be more productive:
- Drag and drop to prioritize your daily tasks using the ABC-123 system
- Synchronize calendar items with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Outlook.com, and more
- Synchronize tasks, notes, and projects between devices with a monthly subscription that can be cancelled at any time
- Move tasks between your Master Task List and Daily Task Lists as needed
- Group tasks into projects for easier tracking
- Associate daily notes with tasks and projects
- Prioritize future tasks to plan your week
- Browse your history to document what you did on any day
- Email tasks, notes, projects, and calendar items to others from within Benjamin
- Search to find tasks, notes, projects, and calendar items
- Create repeating tasks that repeat on a schedule you choose
- Tap on telephone numbers, email addresses, and websites in notes and comments
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
- Localized into English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), and Arabic
In addition to all the great features above, synchronization is available as an auto-renewing subscription that covers all your devices for the low monthly price of $1.99 USD. With synchronization, all of your tasks, projects, and notes are synchronized between your devices so you always have access to your information, whether you're on your iPhone or your iPad. Synchronizing your data also serves as a convenient backup so you never have to worry about losing access to your information, even if your device is damaged or stolen. With a synchronization subscription, you'll always have the information you need when you need it.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscription in the Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of service: http://metakite.com/benjamin/terms/
For full details and support, visit http://metakite.com
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Benjamin version 3.1.1 is a bug fix release. Changes in this version include:
- Change: iOS 8 compatibility.
- Change: Darkened the color used for today's calendar square to make it more prominent.
- Fix: Fixed some crashing bugs, including one that occurred when emailing an event that has attendees.
If you find Benjamin useful, please consider leaving a review in the App Store. Your reviews really help us out. Thanks.
Best planner app!!!!!!
I'm used to using a old fashioned paper planner. Franklin Covey to be exact. But I needed to get with the times. I needed the same options and performance I had with paper but in a mobile app. I needed it to seamlessly share between my iPhone and IpadPro. Benjamin is everything I wanted and more. There was of course a bit of a learning curve. I emailed them a few times and their customer service was kind and very quick to answer my questions.
There is one issue I have. The cost. I had to buy the iPhone app, iPad app and pay a monthly sync fee for them to share info. I can kind of understand the paying for both apps as each is optimized for that device. (I say kind of because the differences are that major) I don't agree with the monthly sync fee and I emailed them to tell them so. I liked and needed this so badly that I'm willing to pay for all the fees. But the sync fee should be eliminated. PERIOD. They know we want to share info and they are taking advantage of us. The cost is still much cheaper than Franklin Covey paper planners so I'm not going to complain too loudly. Would I go with Benjamin again? Absolutely.
Great app for former Franklin planner users
Takes a bit to figure out the navigation, but menus are logically arranged so it didn't take too long before I was using it full time for my planning and task management purposes.
And being able to sort tasks not only in Active Tasks vs the Master Task List, but then being able to manage active tasks into priority groupings (A,B,C), as well as within each grouping (what I call my work order), is incredibly helpful (just like the original Franklin planner).
If you're accustomed to the physical Franklin planning system, this as close of an app as you're gonna find.
I am glad I took the purchase risk; it has been a great tool to help me plan, stay focused, and stay on-task.
I really like the digital version of this planner. It's simple and easy to use. And I love the fact that I can synchronize between my iPhone and iPad, and easily edit items in my calendar or day.
I'm also very happy to discover that going paperless with my day planner has actually helped me to be more productive than I was before. :)
Sometimes it has a minor glitch or two and if I could change some things it would be this:
1) add a category for roles and goals; this concept is really the backbone of the "Benjamin" system that many of us know;
2) add a section for NOTES and/or a JOURNAL that are not necessarily attached (ie buried) with a calendar item or a daily task;
3) don't automatically add project tasks to the master task list - but offer the option;
4) add some options for shopping lists, expense tracking, auto mileage, exercise log, etc. - some of the popular add-ons we had with our paper system.
5) maybe add a possible way to back up or archive the calendar somehow.
That's all for now. Thank you for this amazing app!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 28, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Metakite Software LLC
- © Metakite Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month of Synchronization$1.99