The Berenstain Bears in The Dark - A Fingerprint Network App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Winner of a 2013 PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• An interactive animated storybook originally published by the award-winning Living Books
• A tale of taking charge of one’s imagination, especially when it makes you afraid of the dark
"Parents for two generations are familiar with the late Stan and Jan Berenstain's Bears and their over 200 books. Wanderful enlivens those classic stories, creating a rich resource for developing reading skills in an animated interactive app. Kids from 2 to 8 will identify with Sister Bear's battle with her fear of the dark in The Berenstain Bears in the Dark.
Wanderful offers a superb level of interaction with a well-designed app loaded with varying levels of skill development and simple fun appropriate for eager 2 year olds up to age 8."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! The Berenstain Bears In the Dark is an imaginative interactive reading experience with fully animated content featuring the popular Bear Family – Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear.
This timeless Stan and Jan Berenstain story springs to life on every page. Read and play along as a spooky story Brother Bear reads to Sister Bear keeps her – and eventually the entire family – up all night long. The next day Papa shows Sister how to take charge of her imagination and in the end it’s Brother who is a little afraid in the dark.
• Twelve fully animated pages
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning – tap on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden surprise is on each page – can you find all the lightning bugs?
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when clicked
• Multiple settings to further customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
Wanderful’s goal is to help children discover a lasting love of language through story exploration. We hope The Berenstain Bears In The Dark provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
The Berenstain Bears In The Dark is by Stan and Jan Berenstain, authors of over 200 books starring the Bear family: Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister.
The Fingerprint Network
The Berenstain Bears in the The Dark is part of the Fingerprint Network of games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets kids and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
- Parent Controls keep In-App-Purchase behind a parent gate.
Not really free
It says it is free, but if you want more than a couple pages you have to pay. This is only noted in the description if you click on in app purchases. It is probably worth the $ but it is deceptive advertising.
- Category: Books
- Released: Jul 24, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 153 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fingerprint Digital, Inc
- © 2014 Fingerprint Digital, Inc. All rights reserved. Fingerprint, Fingerprint Digital and the Fingerprint "thumbprint" logo are trademarks of Fingerprint Digital, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock the Full Story!$4.99