Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures: What's Cooking?
By Sesame Street
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an audio storybook app, which will help teach your child early reading and imagination skills as you enjoy storytime together.
[Iceberg Kids Edition] Buckle up and fly away with Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures! This remarkable clay animated Sesame Street series has been specially adapted as e-books for your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Read along as Bert and Ernie imagine their way to faraway lands and find their way home again to 123 Sesame Street.
Hold on to your baker hats! Bert and Ernie are the head bakers in a faraway bakery! Their first customer orders a Giant Chocolate Surprise, but they don’t know how to bake it! Can Baker Bert and Baker Ernie bake anything besides a big mess? Come along on and find out!
Narrated by Gordon, from Sesame Street.
• Record Your Own Audio: Record your own voice reading the book and create a digital legacy for a child or grandchild. Easy interface makes the recording process a snap -- perfect for kids and grownups. Have each family member record their own.
• Full Narration: Listen to Gordon from Sesame Street read the story aloud. Tap the text box to hear any page again.
• Word highlighting: Each word highlights as Gordon reads it.
• Page Flow: Move along each illustration in tandem with the story -- see a big story transformed for a small screen.
• Visual Table of Contents: Jump easily to your favorite parts of the story, or resume reading where you left off.
• Auto Play: Choose to watch the story unfold on auto-play, or choose to turn pages yourself with a simple swipe.
• Coloring: Choose a Sesame Street picture to color. With the interactive tools palette you can change the color or size of brush. Tap to hide the palette.
• Store: Find other Sesame Street apps through the in-app store page. Feature can be easily disabled in Settings.
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization that revolutionized children’s media with the landmark Sesame Street. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org.
• ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader and Iceberg Kids, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
• Iceberg Kids revolutionizes the children’s book experience, bringing the magic and wonder of reading to an exciting new digital space. The perfect answer to bedtime, long car rides, or learning to read. Iceberg Kids is a product of ScrollMotion, a content technology company that is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
• If you have any technical problems please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a comment.
What's New in Version 1.1
Now compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad!
We heard that some users have been experiencing slower than expected page
load speeds and we've addressed those in this update. We're committed to
making the story of Bert and Ernie's baking extravaganza a real adventure for
your young readers to enjoy as Gordon from Sesame Street narrates in his
**Tips for optimal performance**
This is a multimedia app with large images and lots of audio features. To maximize memory performance, we recommend you:
* Restart your device
* Close out apps running the background (Press the Home button twice to bring up the multitasking tray, hold down any app until you see red minus signs, then tap the minus sign to close each app.)
this is so cute
This series is so cute. Love the features. My little one is thrilled to read this over and over. I cannot see anything negative about this little book. It cost $2.99 and it has been read about 10 times by my daughter. I think it is great for car trips and keeps her busy with her other ebooks when we are at home and she wants to read on her own. I grew up with Sesame Street and now she can enjoy them in a new way. Love it.
Way to go Sesame Street.
1. Claymation = awesome, 'nuff said.
2. Love hearing Gordon from Sesame Street as the narrator!! Can't believe it's still the same actor. Brings me back to childhood & the kids recognize him from TV.
3. Thank you for update to iPhone compatible. We don't carry the iPad everywhere so this is great.
4. Dough overflowing and pies flying. love.
Ok but not as good
I bought this for my 3 and 7 year old who love "the monster at the end of this book" which is such a great app. Unfortunately we bought this one and it is lacking. Recommendations; add animations not just still clay pics, add ability to do things in the book/interactivity, add characters real voices...cute book but needs much more to be good and get5 stars.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 25, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sesame Workshop Apps
- © 2010 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved, © 2010 ScrollMotion, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.