Best Time to Cross the Border
By University Of California, San Diego (Calit2)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** As seen in the LA Times, KPBS, Homeland Security Newswire, and more! ***
The only app that tells you when is the best time to cross the US border! It also lets commuters report wait times via its iReport feature! GPS based wait time estimation for San Ysidro and Otay Mesa. Other ports coming soon. Twitter integration to ask questions and share information about ports.
In addition to providing current wait times to enter the US from Canada and Mexico, it also tells you what is the best time to cross the border, via historical graphs. It uses a crowd sourced approach to improve on the wait time estimates provided by CBP.
Its companion web site is http://traffic.calit2.net/border
• Current US border wait times
• GPS based wait time estimation for San Ysidro and Otay Mesa
• iReport that lets you report wait times for better accuracy
• Best time to cross the border via historical graphs
• Current wait times for Passenger, Commercial & Pedestrian lanes
• Number of lanes open at every port
What's New in Version 3.2.5
Fixed bug where Saturday graphs were not showing any data
Not true wait times
Today the app showed for san Isidek 25 min in ready and 10 min the standard. I checked the ready line and the length was so far away which usually take and hour. I decided to go to the standard and the 10 min meant 2 hours and 5 min! This app is a joke
With all the stuff that has been added, seems to be getting better.
The reports will make the difference. I will start reporting.
The information is not update
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 04, 2016
- Version: 3.2.5
- Size: 51.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: University Of California, San Diego (Calit2)
- © Regents of the University of California
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.