Better World Shopper
By Ellis Jones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Better World Shopper allows ethical consumers to make informed choices about brands and companies by providing an A to F rating based on the company's record in the areas of: human rights, environmental sustainability, community involvement, animal protection, and social justice. All data utilized in this ranking system is provided by independent, third party sources that can be verified by consumers themselves. Based on the same system as the bestselling Better World Shopping Guide, including over 25 years worth of data, this app empowers consumers to vote with their dollars.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Complete overhaul of the app
- 2016 searchable rankings data
- Best to worst list of 2000+ companies
- Breakdown of 5 major issue areas
- Includes detailed answers to common questions (FAQ)
- Direct inks to 52 major sources of data
- Quick link to betterworldshopper.org website
- Description and sample of Better World Shopping Guide
- Description and sample of Better World Handbook
- Details of author's biography and work
- Audio clips from a variety of radio interviews
- List of past and future presentation events on this research
- Direct link to author's Twitter feed
- Contact information for author
- Quick link to submit suggested improvements and companies/brands to add to app
- Ability to purchase books directly from app
Hey guide that I find extremely useful
The reviews seem to match with what I know about the companies. I'd say this is an incredibly useful and convenient guide to have available in your pocket to help with purchasing decisions. And, as with most guides, I'd say its possible that it is not entirely accurate. It lists its sources and its process, so personal research into it is up to the user. I can definitely echo the desire for the return of the search-by-category like in the previous version (5 stars once that has been added). Overall I find this to be an excellent idea and great app to help make more earth friendly choices.
dissappointed that categories have been removed from app
I have been using the book and app for a few years and was really excited for the long awaited update. unfortunately, i can no longer search by categories, making the app almost useless when shopping. in fact, i dont plan on updating my iphone unless categories becomes available. i really hope that this functionality is returned to the app, even if it requires an additional charge. for me, the whole purpose of the app was to be able to leave the book at home. 5 star app, once i can search by categories. thanks!!!!
Please update to search by category
Agree totally with another reviewer that, while the book is so great, this app is useless without the ability to search by category. Like, I'm obviously not going to go through a list of thousands of items, several times over, to try to decide between items at the grocery store. Please fix this.